Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-26-2010, 06:31 PM

Default Windows support

Will they be porting this to PTLE and Windows any time soon?

Formerly Hobo Wan Kenobi

Core 2 Specs Page

ASUS P6T6 Revolution | i7 930 | 12GB OCZ DDR3 1600 7-7-7-20 | PTLE 10 | CPTK | 003 | Presonus D8 | 11Rack | Alesis AI3 | Presonus HP60 | Mercury + Studio Classics | Sound Toys | MasseyPack | Axiom61 | MAudio Keystation Pro 88
Old 04-27-2010, 08:36 AM

Default Re: Windows support

Very interested in this as well.
Old 04-27-2010, 11:09 AM

+1 to that!

Digital Media Engineer
Discovery Communications
http://corporate.discovery.com/
Old 04-27-2010, 11:23 AM

I'll be waiting nearly two years for PC Drivers. When????
Old 04-27-2010, 09:34 PM

I personally found Euphonix to be an evasive difficult company to communicate with. Two years ago they said they would support PC, every time I emailed them over and over asking for an estimated time it was always the same answer 'Were working on it".

I never geled with Logic no matter how I tried, or Apple Macs to be perfectly honest but I bought them thinking it wouldnt be to long before PC support arrived (How wrong was I) , I have found Eucon support for Cubase lacking (No Soft Synth control), its mackie emulation for use with Reason an Ableton live an utter joke (fader and mute only), and simply asking a technical question has been an ordeal and a half using official support channels.

Both my MC Control and MC Mix sit in a cupboard.

But this is interesting news. I ahve often thought about going back to Pro tools and I would be amazed of Avid/Digidesign didnt support PC.

Is there anyone at Diggidesign/Avid prepared to say yes or no for PC support? IF there will be how about just giving us a rough idea of the time scale because I really was about to put them both on Ebay.

I dont mean to sound negative (actually yes I do), I just hope this company can treat its new clients with a degree of adult respect which Euphonix certainly didnt show imho. In fact they downright lied about PC support.

I just hate this waiting secrecy game as if were dealing in matters of planetary survival. Are we PC users in for another round of that or can we get an actual honest answer this time.
Old 04-27-2010, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunburst79 View Post
I started a thread about this and ask Avid about it in another.

Lets hear it!
Old 04-27-2010, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloud_9 View Post
I started a thread about this and ask Avid about it in another.

Lets hear it!
That was kinda why I asked that particular question on the first post in the new forum

Formerly Hobo Wan Kenobi

Core 2 Specs Page

ASUS P6T6 Revolution | i7 930 | 12GB OCZ DDR3 1600 7-7-7-20 | PTLE 10 | CPTK | 003 | Presonus D8 | 11Rack | Alesis AI3 | Presonus HP60 | Mercury + Studio Classics | Sound Toys | MasseyPack | Axiom61 | MAudio Keystation Pro 88
Old 04-28-2010, 09:09 AM

http://www.thelikelystory.com/articl...t-series-on-pc

Has anyone tried this method?
Old 04-28-2010, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunburst79 View Post
Once this happens I'll order (2x) MC Mix + (1x) MC Control + (1x) MC Transport.

I'd love to hear any sort of official Avid time line like "important Artist Series support information will be announced at NAMM"...
Old 04-28-2010, 05:16 PM

VYENTE:

I did that method with Cubase 4 on a PC. It cant be done with Cubase 5 or any version of Pro tools. As far as I know it was only a useable option for Nuendo and Cubase users so that the Eucon protocol would work as it would on a Mac. But that loophole has been closed now because it definitely doesn't work now. Whether that was Steinberg or Euphonix I dont know.

There was a lot of speculation on various forums as to why there was no PC support for the artist series. Consider that Euphonix larger systems are PC Compatible, and right there on the Gearslutz forum the Euphonix guy said it was in the pipe line (nearly 2 years ago) and I personally have numerous emails saying their working on it. A lot of people bought them and used that workaround you link to thinking it wouldn't be long before PC support arrived, but it still meant you had to buy a mac and Ethernet through that to your PC.

Then it came out that Apple gave Euphonix money to licence the Eucon artist series exclusively for 3-5 years. This is a possibility but it is rumour. But then we saw the three Amigo ads the Euphonix, the Apogee Duet and Apple together in one ad. All seemed a little cushy and people were saying Apple also gave Apogee money to make the Duet apple compatible only?

But this sort of thing does go on in Apple land. If Microsoft do anything like that their fined millions. Apple do this quite regularly and no one says a thing. I dont see Apple having to offer a choice of 12 browsers and different media players from other companies in their OS like Microsoft have to. But the luvvies have been gunning for microsoft for years.

Im going to wait a month at the most and see if Avid/Digidesign will confirm PC support or not and then Im going to sell them. Im not going to have them sit in the cupboard much longer and play the waiting game.

My hunch is they couldnt possibly just have Mac support as they have a large PC user base especially in the LE and M Compatible area. But its how long will they take to get around to it. Im even prepared to buy Pro tools, but only to run on a PC. Im done with the whole underpowered Mac thing. My Imac could never finish a track before low memory warnings came up and it automatically deactivated plugins. I didnt like freezing tracks, havent needed to do that fro years on my pc and it also makes your Euphonix a bit redundant. And its not as if my sessions were large.

As far as the surfaces go they really are excellent if your a Logic user. There is nothing (and I mean nothing) that cant be operated by the surfaces and the combination of the MC Control and mix is unbeatable for the money. The build quality on the actual knobs (Artist Series) is poor. Their kind of sticky, not smooth, that was my biggest beef with them but everything else was and is great.

A German guy found a method where you could take any plugin and assign the knobs in any way you wanted because only the MC control touch screen is user assignable but thats not much use for filter sweeps. Anyway this German guy found a method which meant going in to the system finding the plugins PHP file or something like that and you would physically change the order of the parameters using the notepad (V easy to do). Just save and that was it. Every time that plugin would load it would load exactly as you wanted it.

Euphonix never mentioned this on their site
. To my mind it was probably the greatest tip I have ever seen on a forum. Sometimes the problem was that lets say a soft synth you used a lot and you wanted the frequency filter next to the resonance. Well the other function could be 8 pages along so for some plugins it wasnt that elegant. The German guy found a fix for that. Coolest thing ever. No thanks to him from Euphonix though

I really tried to get on with Logic but its just not for me. But for Logic users and it seems Pro tools users (soon) its a great match.

If I have come across as a bit of Euphonix non fan thats because I am. I really feel that company lied to a lot of people and they never gave a straight answer to any question. Dealing with their tec support was laborious and just pure nonsense. Why should I have to fill in my serial number every time on their website and answer loads of questiosn before someone would help me out. Who woudl want tec support on a product they dont own??/

So come on Digidesign. Can you give us an idea of how long before PC support is available. Its YOU that sent me the email