Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools

Old 04-18-2021, 07:37 PM

Default Re: Okay, so I like Dark Mode but...

I don’t know the answer to that. I haven’t fooled with any dark mode mods either, and my monitor is calibrated.
Old 04-19-2021, 03:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeOtherGuy View Post
I don’t know the answer to that. I haven’t fooled with any dark mode mods either, and my monitor is calibrated.
It's not just the colors but the header is completely different than mine. I know one can hide certain elements but not almost everything like in yours. Near as I can figure there's no way to hide the smart tools. I even installed a clean no-messed with 2021.3.1 and the MIDI editor looks nothing like yours in the header.

Like I offered earlier I can send you the dark mode file I'm using; you'll have to manually change the line I mentioned earlier in this thread because I haven't worked out a good color so different track colors work with it. This is one of those things where color is personal to each person and what they see best; has nothing to do with monitor calibration.

QAPLA!
Old 04-19-2021, 04:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
Can't say that I've seen the difference you're talking about and I use all manner of different colors so I should have seen it.

I set each track color individually so I can display multiple tracks in the MIDI editor with each track a different color. Where I have an issue is if I have multiple tracks of the same color. For instance I tend to color string tracks greenish, brass tracks reddish, etc. But I only do that after I have all my MIDI notes entered.

As far as some colors not reading well that depends on several factors: brightness & contrast of the screen, room light and color sensitivity. For instance my wife is extremely sensitive to color differences and she picks out things other people might not see. And that's across the color spectrum.

I know you've seen the last screen grab I posted - like I said it looks nothing like your MIDI editor screen. The header for instance is WAY different than mine. I even put back the original dark mode file thinking there was a glitch in mine but it's still the same (aka different than yours). So it's NOT something in my file. BTW when i installed 2020.3 and then 2020.3.1 I liked what Avid did for the track display and grid lines in the Edit screen I left them alone and didn't change them like I did in my first modded dark mode file. If you want my file drop me an email at a regular email address and I'll send it to you.
As you can see in the pic attached, the black/dark lanes are referred to the white keys while the colored lanes are referred to the black keys. Then with some colours this is a bit confusing
Attached Images
File Type: jpg midi editor.jpg (53.5 KB, 0 views)
Old 04-19-2021, 05:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by innesireinar View Post
As you can see in the pic attached, the black/dark lanes are referred to the white keys while the colored lanes are referred to the black keys. Then with some colours this is a bit confusing
I agree - makes no sense. Give me some time to see if I can change that.

edit for additional:
Didn't take long to fix this issue. If you go back to post 15 here where I posted a change to the MIDI editor. What I did was instead of making the change to the cTrackMIDIBackgroundVoicedDark line I put that line back to the stock color numbers. Instead I made the change to the cTrackMIDIBackgroundVoicedLight line using:
instead of the stock:
Here's a screenshot of the new MIDI editor:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg MIDI editor 4:19.jpg (48.1 KB, 0 views)

QAPLA!

Last edited by musicman691; 04-19-2021 at 05:35 AM.
Old 04-19-2021, 10:22 AM

Quote:
It's not just the colors but the header is completely different than mine. I know one can hide certain elements but not almost everything like in yours. Near as I can figure there's no way to hide the smart tools. I even installed a clean no-messed with 2021.3.1 and the MIDI editor looks nothing like yours in the header.

Like I offered earlier I can send you the dark mode file I'm using; you'll have to manually change the line I mentioned earlier in this thread because I haven't worked out a good color so different track colors work with it. This is one of those things where color is personal to each person and what they see best; has nothing to do with monitor calibration.
Jack - thanks for the offer. I'm juggling multiple projects and can't risk altering the app right now...when things settle down a bit I'd be happy to try it.
Old 04-22-2021, 10:11 AM

Quote:
It's not just the colors but the header is completely different than mine.
That's because the header you are seeing is from Mac OS Mojave in Night Mode...not a Pro Tools header. When I took the screenshot, that header was included, sorry for the confusion.