Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts

Old 11-21-2020, 09:53 AM

Default Renewed license not working- DEAD IN THE WATER!

I'm on a yearly subscription, and my license just renewed on the 14th. It's showing as "Active" in my Avid account. I don't remember having to do anything last year to re-activate it, but apparently I have to transfer the new license to my iLok. I didn't realize this until today when I got a message on launch saying Pro Tools expires tomorrow.

I checked my receipt email, which came from a company called Digital River. It said "You will receive detailed information on the delivery in a separate e-mail that was sent at the same time as this e-mail." Yeah, not really.

Anyway, I've transferred the license to my iLok, and I still get the same message. One issue may be is that it was showing up in my iLok account last year as a subscription license, and the new one is labeled as perpetual. Did they deposit the wrong type of license? And shouldn't it still work?

Of course this happens on a weekend, and I have a client session Monday morning...
Old 11-21-2020, 10:18 AM

Default Re: Renewed license not working- DEAD IN THE WATER!

I see both Perpetual and Subscription licenses on your iLok so for now please deactivate the Subscription license to run on the Perpetual and I'll get a support case going to sort this out.
Old 11-21-2020, 11:04 AM

Default Re: Renewed license not working- DEAD IN THE WATER!

Cool, thank you. Deactivating the subscription license does get rid of the warning, so it must be running off the Perpetual license now. I guess that still needs to be figured out, but at least I won't be SOL Monday morning.
Thanks again.