Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 12-03-2008, 06:03 PM

Default Reboot with Digi002 "powered on" required for Core Audio?

I have found that in order to use my Digi002 as the audio output on my Mac Pro (for iTunes, the web, etc.) I must boot (or reboot, as is often the frustrating case) my Mac with the Digi002 powered on. Otherwise, it won't work. "Digidesign HW (002)" will show up as an option in the Output tab of the Sound preference dialogue, but it will just default back to the Internal Speakers after I close the dialogue box.

Is this the status quo, or is there a way to activate the driver if the Digi hardware is powered on after the computer?
Old 12-04-2008, 09:45 AM
Avid

Default Re: Reboot with Digi002 "powered on" required for Core Audio?

We are tracking this issue and, at this point, it's unclear where the problem lies - and it may have a couple causes. We know there are problems with Core Audio so I would ask - do you have the same problem with Pro Tools? If not, then almost certainly it's Core Audio related and that's something that's in the works for a fix/upgrade, expected in early 2009.

If you also have the problem launching Pro Tools, then it may be related to another issue we're seeing with firewire communication not initializing properly and this seems to be at least partially OS related (assuming you're on Leopard). We're looking into it and hope to find out the problem shortly.
Old 12-06-2008, 11:43 AM

Default Re: Reboot with Digi002 "powered on" required for Core Audio?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigiTechSupt View Post
...If you also have the problem launching Pro Tools...
I don't, it's only with non-Digi apps using the Digi HW that it requires the (Digi) unit be on when the computer is booted. I'm running Leopard 10.5.5 by the way.

Thanks for your response.