Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-27-2002, 05:53 PM

Default Pro Tools must be pretty stable if........

I cannot say I have been doing alot of posting recently. I would say the best reason is I have had no problems with my system. I have more or less just been hanging out reading post, and I must admitt less and less of them. When I first came to the forum there was more of an exchange of information, now most of the post seem to be complaining.
I can only assume is the 001 in a solid product. It may not slice and dice like people would like, but it must be solid. I see more complaining about what it don't have or don't do then tech problems. I think this seems to be a fact that is over looked.
One time I thought the complain was funny when the infamous Schmon was around, not it seems to he has taken on many new names.
I have been on other forums and never see this much complaining. So it must mean one thing. Pro Tools must be pretty stable if more and more people are complaining.

Thank you Digidesign.

Toecat [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
Old 01-27-2002, 06:37 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools must be pretty stable if........

Amen bro. But I would like to see them add...never mind.
Old 01-29-2002, 12:33 AM

Hilarious...

toecat, I'm not sure if you remember me, but I used to post quite a bit, too, trying to aid people in their quest for PT stability/functionality. It must have worked!!! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Anyhow... it's good to be back and see some old faces as well!
Old 01-29-2002, 01:13 AM

Uh, you haven't visited the Steinberg Cubase site have you? This site is MILD about complaining in comparison...and they complain a lot about unfixed technical problems and bugs.

Yeah, I haven't seen you guys around much lately...ahh, the Schomm old days.... [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img].

There was also the guy who claimed he was a psychic or something and therefore had "inside info" on what Apple and Digi were up to? You remember him and all his predictions?

Hey, anybody with a member number under 10,000 is an old timer here... [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

PT 2021; MacBookPro M1; 16GB; Spectrasonics; Native Instruments, Toontrack, Waves...too many plugins.
Old 01-29-2002, 05:49 AM

WHUTS MY # LET ME SEEEEEEEE...
Old 01-29-2002, 09:20 AM

Ahhh, the hilarious antics of schomm, i kindna miss the poor fellow. He always had post that started to get the blood flowing.
Sometimes i get too busy to post. which is good.
In feb i will be having 3 projects/bands coming in the homestudio, so i should be gone for a while... [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

rawk

sdf

www.sugarhillstudios713.com
Old 01-29-2002, 09:54 AM

Nice Post Toecat and I agree. PTLE is solid and reliable for us.

I still enjoy the DUC, but like you I find myself posting less and less. Partly because there are fewer problem posts and partly because there are a lot more Digi/PTLE users that are qualified to help out on the trouble posts.

I never did pay much attention to the folks screaming for more feathers and tarcks. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-29-2002, 03:29 PM

I lurk around here too, but I'm afraid if I get too close the misinformation will entangle me and I will be forever stuck with Berhinger products...

Just kidding, but it's not like it was!

Jeff D.
Old 01-30-2002, 01:01 PM

I must say I dont read this forum much anymore either. i used to when i was getting it started, but now there is less and less good info on this joint. I read the TDM forum, there are good mixing techniques and actuall info on that forum, but this one has become flooded with retoric like the crap im spiting now.
Old 01-30-2002, 02:31 PM

I bought a 001 system (for myself) in November of 2000 and have had virtually no problems with it whatsoever.

We've had a PT TDM system at work since December 1997. The computer gets fouled up every so often, but not Pro Tools.

I teach some classes in audio production at a local university; they have five studios with 001 systems, and a multimedia lab with PT Free on 25 computers. All Mac. And an incredible absence of problems. Even in the multimedia lab, where the computers all have Premiere, After Effects, Illustrator, Photoshop, Quark, Pagemaker, Director, etc. almost any problem we have can be solved by restarting the computer. PT works great in every incarnation of it I've ever worked with.

[img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]