Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools HDX & HD Native Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-13-2018, 01:49 PM

Default HD Native card: input and out sample rate mismatch

This input and output sample rate mismatch only happens when I am using DSP Quattro with the HD Native card. My system is a little strange here. MacPro 5.1, HD Native PCIe card, AVID MADI interface, Neve Genesys Black G32 hooked up to HDN via MADI. I am on PTHD 2018.4 and have that version of the HD Driver installed.
In DSP Quattro I can address all the outputs and freely send audio out to those outputs. However I cannot address any of the inputs. I can select them but they pass no audio. After a few minutes I get a dialog box from DSPQ stating there is a SR mismatch between the inputs and the outputs of the HD Native card. In the Audio Midi setup, the HDN card is set to 44.1 for BOTH the inputs and the outputs. I have the AVID MADI receiving word clock sync via word clock cable from the Neve, the Neve insists on being the master. Audio Midi setup also has the HDN card clocked to WC cable. This setup works perfectly fine in PT and in Logic but I am having issues with DSPQ. I have had many crashes in DSPQ and have sent them crash log and details of the crash. I am wondering if I update the HD driver to 2018.7 and not the actual PTHD version if that will cause any problems? Or if I should update both? PT is running perfectly fine so I am somewhat skeptical to update PT if I don't have to but the dang HD driver is pissing me off. Any advice?

www.sugarhillstudios713.com
Old 08-13-2018, 10:00 PM

Default HD Native card: input and out sample rate mismatch

DSP Quattro is the problem here. It does this to me too whenever selecting the ins and outs of the same device. I wish Stefano would change it so that DSP Quattro can only address one device at a time instead of separate devices for ins and outs. I reported this a few months ago. He got back to me weeks later saying this shouldn't happen and wanted a picture of my audiomidi setup window. I don't know why he needs that picture when I want to use the program with my interface exclusively.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mac Studio, 64GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, Glyph 2TB USB3 HDD, OWC drive dock, Mac OS Monterey 12.6.8

Pro Tools Ultimate 2023.9, HD Native, Focusrite Red 8Pre

Presonus Faderport, Pro Tools | Control
Old 08-15-2018, 12:37 PM

Default Re: HD Native card: input and out sample rate mismatch

Damn, that sucks. I really want to be able to use outboard gear while mastering and print back into DSP Quattro.

www.sugarhillstudios713.com