Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-08-2010, 08:27 AM

Default Re: Used HD2pcie vs HD Native

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Hartman View Post
tracking through plugs like Amp Simulators (i.e. Eleven) is very important to me. I am still not clear whether you'll be able to do this on native...?
I think it will only be possible, if you don't use the low-latency function, but have a powerfull machine, and use the lowest buffer size possible.
Just as on a le system...

Or if you only want to hear the amp sim, but don't want to record it, you can still use it on a aux input.
Old 10-08-2010, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vudoo View Post
Maybe for smaller music mixing gigs but mixing post, an HD2 won't cut it. Most of my mixes nowadays are 5.1 and an HD3 in a fast computer barely cut it.
For mixing, the new PT Native seems like a decent solution. Time will tell.
Yep. Adc and the mixer take up most of an hd2 in post. No way can I get by with only 5 tdm plugs. I have 5 revibes in a stereo mix. That's just about all the accel chips in an hd2. If you start saying you can use rats on aux's, you are going to loss voices. Seems like native wins here.
Old 10-08-2010, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dism View Post
Because there are voice limits with plugins on TDM.

With Native... the only wall you will hit is your CPU. If you have a powerful computer, it can easily outperform HD1 and 2.
Out perform an hd 10!