Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 9
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-11-2012, 11:41 PM

Default controlling EQ's and other plugins Axiom 49

hi there people, I have a maudio axiom 49 (regular) and I am in the middle of a mix where I need to control my EQ's (waves, Mcdsp etc) with it.

Also I have a BCF 2000, but that one is in baby hui mode and doing very fine.

Is it true that it is not possible to control plugins with axiom 49 unless they have midi learn, I cant believe this...

Is it mandatory to buy a Axiom 49 pro or others??

I just want to automate 2 knobs a the same time for filtering and stuff.. it is not the same to do it with the mouse one knob at a time, that's a pain....

Please tell there is a workaround!

Thanks lovely people of this forum
Old 12-12-2012, 09:41 AM

Default Re: controlling EQ's and other plugins Axiom 49

Opinions vary, but I would sooner select the parameters that need to be automated and open the extra lanes on the track, and use the mouse to draw in the needed changes. After all, its not that tough, and almost every plugin you have can be treated this way(read up on how to automate plugins if you haven't yet), or look into a controller that is built for this specific task(maybe the Avid Artist Control?).

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 12-12-2012, 03:37 PM

Default Re: controlling EQ's and other plugins Axiom 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by albee1952 View Post
Opinions vary, but I would sooner select the parameters that need to be automated and open the extra lanes on the track, and use the mouse to draw in the needed changes. After all, its not that tough, and almost every plugin you have can be treated this way(read up on how to automate plugins if you haven't yet), or look into a controller that is built for this specific task(maybe the Avid Artist Control?).
yeah I know how to automate, but i am lately with the need of controlling two parameters at the same time, you know like in a synthesizer..... it is a lot easier to achieve what I want when i am in control of what this 2 parameters are doing in relation to each other in real time.... if you know what I mean...

I just realized this is so easy to achieve in Reaper and my Axiom 49..
I just have to assign my Axiom 1 time and save it as a preset for later use,,.. that s So handy!!!

anyways,,, thats a lot