Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2020

Old 04-19-2020, 12:41 PM

Default MIDI assignment bug remains

Dang it! I hadn't noticed it in a while so I thought it might be gone but alas, I just re-opened a session I had saved moments earlier to commit an instrument track I forgot to commit and when I did got a blank waveform. Upon inspection the MIDI assignment had disappeared.

This has been happening for years now over many versions. I submitted a support ticket. Might be good if others who experience this do the same?
Windows 10 Pro
HD Native PCIe
Lynx Aurora with LT-HD
Apogee
Mytek
Old 04-19-2020, 12:45 PM

Default Re: MIDI assignment bug remains

Yes please, whoever encounters this annoying bug please start a support case. That is your "money" when it comes down to someone who decides which bugs are priority.

Even if you think this is not a big deal, someone with a hundred VI tracks has a hell of a job opening a session.
Old 04-24-2020, 04:17 PM

This def annoying and been going on for years. I have composing templates with hundreds of tracks
Old 04-25-2020, 10:17 AM

Got bit by this bug again the other day with Superior routing to separated AUX tracks for processing....

The priority should be to fix MIDI in general..... Its been long enough!!

MIDI overhaul!!!

ProTools- The Power to NOT create.....

Macbook Pro, 2019 (15,1) Mac OS 12.7.2 Monterey,32 Gigs Ram,2.3 GHz I9 8 Core ProTools Ultimate 2024.3, Apollo 8 Silver,TwinX.
Old 04-25-2020, 10:06 PM

Same still here

Ventura ,PT 2022.10, MacbookPro 13"[2020] M1 16G, Antelope Orion 32+ Gen3..SSL Sigma summing, SMART Comp C1LA, CharterOak EQP-1 Oceanway Audio HR4S monitors . SSL X-Rack w XR618 compressors, dbx 160x [2]
Old 04-26-2020, 03:49 AM

I've not had this specific problem but I wonder if it could be related to the one where if you change the vi inserted on an instrument track the assignment doesn't always see & follow the change to the new vi?

QAPLA!
Old 04-26-2020, 08:19 AM

I did get a quick response to my support ticket but it was what I've pretty much come to expect from Avid: A vague directive to trash prefs, etc from someone who seemed not to have read what I wrote. I say that because they asked me to share a video of the problem which I wouldn't know how to do since there's no way to know what track it's going to affect at any given time, which I made clear when I submitted the ticket.

Rather than go back and forth with them I asked that they survey the DUC for anecdotal accounts and relay my experience and, if possible, the experience of others, to those in charge so that hopefully this long standing bug can finally be addressed some day.

It's frustrating. We'll see what happens.
Windows 10 Pro
HD Native PCIe
Lynx Aurora with LT-HD
Apogee
Mytek
Old 04-26-2020, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepingtiger View Post
I did get a quick response to my support ticket but it was what I've pretty much come to expect from Avid: A vague directive to trash prefs, etc from someone who seemed not to have read what I wrote. I say that because they asked me to share a video of the problem which I wouldn't know how to do since there's no way to know what track it's going to affect at any given time, which I made clear when I submitted the ticket.

Rather than go back and forth with them I asked that they survey the DUC for anecdotal accounts and relay my experience and, if possible, the experience of others, to those in charge so that hopefully this long standing bug can finally be addressed some day.

It's frustrating. We'll see what happens.
Yep - SOP (standard operating procedure) for Avid these days (and a lot of other developers as well). You get a first level support person who's only following a script who doesn't even bother to read what you wrote to them. If you complain enough only then will they escalate it up the chain. And even then don't expect a timely answer. I know because I went through this same malarkey when I started a ticket about MIDI event list bugs with PT 2019.10 and then 2019.12. Eventually they said they could repro the issue but couldn't give any kind of ETA on a fix.

And we all know Avid doesn't give a rodent's posterior about good MIDI work.

QAPLA!
Old 04-26-2020, 11:12 AM

ANY company out there have first level support that only follows procedure. And where their script reading ends they escalate to second level support where they can actually think. Also when they cannot resolve it they escalate to third level support which must get the job done. Obviously not all problems can be solved so it is the L3 that can make the case for Engineering for a bug fix.

Fail to understand this and you can very well badmouth every company out there.
Old 04-26-2020, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
And we all know Avid doesn't give a rodent's posterior about good MIDI work.
Let's see what happens with MIDI 2.0