How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-09-2007, 12:15 PM

Default Virtual Instruments problems

Hi,

I have been playing with Pro Tools and virtual instruments. Now I got a few questions.

1. When I use 4 or more virtual instrument tracks with kontakt 3 Pro Tools start to slow down and it says that I should increase CPU power or Buffer size. I did that but it doesn´t solve the problem. What can I do? Is my mac too old or powerless for that?

2. When I am using Pro Tools with kontakt 3 sometimes Pro Tools just crash. I mean that it just closes itself suddenly and that's it.

3. Can I use one virtual instruments track for multiple instruments so that I can determine what notes it plays? For example do I have to ”waste” one track just for cowbell which plays every beat or can I add for example violin to play some simple thing with same track?

Details about my setup:

Machine: MacPro, Mac OS X, Version 10.4.8
Processor: 2x2,66GHz Dual-Core Intel Xeon
Memory: 2GB
Harddrive: 250GB

Digidesign 002 rack
Pro Tools LE, version 7.1.1
Old 12-13-2007, 10:39 PM

Default Re: Virtual Instruments problems

not too sure why your PT is crashing. Id add at least another gig or RAM before anything. You can assign kontakt to do what you want with the cowbell etc.
Old 12-13-2007, 11:29 PM

Default Re: Virtual Instruments problems

Search here for KONTAKT 3 and protools problems - there are MANY.
I personally gave up and bought Structure .
I spent WAY too much time trying to figure out why Kontakt 3 turned protools into a nightmare!

I know that doesnt HELP you, but it may at least save you looking for the answer!

Cheers

Bill P
London