Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments

Old 03-23-2013, 09:56 PM

Unhappy Xpand2 and Mini Grand Piano missing Pro Tools 10.3.2

Hi,
Just installed protools from disc then upgraded to 10.3, then found that I further needed to upgrade to to 10.3.2.

Pulled up a songwriter template to check my install got this message: (See attached image, upper left corner as I couldn't copy and paste this "session notes" for some reason)

Your I/O setup has changed.....the following plug ins were made inactive
Mini Grand...Xpand

Some paths were made inactive......

Not really tech savy..so if this involves folders and moving stuff or deleting from folders, please be specific where I fin them and exactky what needs to happen.

I appreciate your time....just want to have all my plug ins!

Apogee Duet2 interface

Model Name: MacBook Pro
Model Identifier: MacBookPro10,1
Processor Name: Intel Core i7
Processor Speed: 2.3 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 4
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 6 MB
Memory: 8 GB
Boot ROM Version: MBP101.00EE.B02
SMC Version (system): 2.3f35
Serial Number (system): C02JM8MUDKQ1
Hardware UUID: 2AA06337-732E-53C4-9134-6570DD234910
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2013-03-23 at 10.45.53 PM.jpg (23.1 KB, 23 views)
Old 03-24-2013, 12:52 AM

Default Re: Xpand2 and Mini Grand Piano missing Pro Tools 10.3.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindred View Post
Hi,
Just installed protools from disc then upgraded to 10.3, then found that I further needed to upgrade to to 10.3.2.

Pulled up a songwriter template to check my install got this message: (See attached image, upper left corner as I couldn't copy and paste this "session notes" for some reason)

Your I/O setup has changed.....the following plug ins were made inactive
Mini Grand...Xpand

Some paths were made inactive......

Not really tech savy..so if this involves folders and moving stuff or deleting from folders, please be specific where I fin them and exactky what needs to happen.

I appreciate your time....just want to have all my plug ins!

Apogee Duet2 interface

Model Name: MacBook Pro
Model Identifier: MacBookPro10,1
Processor Name: Intel Core i7
Processor Speed: 2.3 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 4
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 6 MB
Memory: 8 GB
Boot ROM Version: MBP101.00EE.B02
SMC Version (system): 2.3f35
Serial Number (system): C02JM8MUDKQ1
Hardware UUID: 2AA06337-732E-53C4-9134-6570DD234910
Hi,

Have you run the separate installer for the virtual instruments? It will be in your avid account, purchased products.

You should also update to the latest version of pro tools 10.3.4. So download from your Avid account 10.3.4 AND the virtual instruments separate installer!

R.e the I/O setup has changed! Could be just your using a different interface from when this template was last saved or you need to re assign your interface in the playback engine settings.

Go to the playback engine and make sure your interface is selected in the box at the top where it says audio engine.

I assume you have the latest drivers for your interface installed

Any problem setting the playback engine then boot pro tools holding the N key which will boot up PT without any audio engine then you can reassign it in the playback engine.

You might have to go to the hardware setup page AND the I/O setup pages and use reset/default to get all I/O to be assigned again.

Chris

Producer, Engineer,
UKmastering Mixing & Mastering
Blinders_Columbia top 40 UK album charts
Slow Readers Club Joy Of The Return #9 UK album charts

www.ukmastering.com

PT10.3.10 Mountain Lion HD6 accel Magma PE6R4 D Command 32 MacPro 12 Core 3.46ghz UAD-2 Octo x2. Manley Vari-Mu, Manley Massive Passive, SSL VHD, ADL600, Grove Tubes ViPre, Tube-Tech CL-1B. Hafler TRM active monitoring.
Old 03-24-2013, 09:15 AM

Hey Chris,
Thanks....so I bought this used but it's a legit copy with the ilok. Just tried to register my products and it says it needs an activation/download code.

I don't think I got the activation card. However, this copy works with the ilok I have. It just doesn't have the virtual instrument plugs.

It says on my install disc that all the instruments are on that disc. Is there a reason why they didn't come through?

My fear is that I'm in a bad place without that activation card...aye....

Help!
Old 03-24-2013, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindred View Post
Hey Chris,
Thanks....so I bought this used but it's a legit copy with the ilok. Just tried to register my products and it says it needs an activation/download code.

I don't think I got the activation card. However, this copy works with the ilok I have. It just doesn't have the virtual instrument plugs.

It says on my install disc that all the instruments are on that disc. Is there a reason why they didn't come through?

My fear is that I'm in a bad place without that activation card...aye....

Help!
Hi,

The virtual instruments "the plugins themselves" are part of the installer, so what ever update to PT 10 you do will also include the plugins. The sounds/presets will be installed from the disk you have! But if it was registered with Avid you would have access to all the latest downloads and the separate installer for the instruments.

Run the installer package and see if there's an option to install just the virtual instruments, on the Disk, it might be called the creative collection? But I think that changed after PT9, after running this installer, then run the latest update installer for pro tools 10.3.x and install the Avid effects (the plugins)

See if that works

And you are trying to open the instruments on a stereo instrument track?

Chris

Producer, Engineer,
UKmastering Mixing & Mastering
Blinders_Columbia top 40 UK album charts
Slow Readers Club Joy Of The Return #9 UK album charts

www.ukmastering.com

PT10.3.10 Mountain Lion HD6 accel Magma PE6R4 D Command 32 MacPro 12 Core 3.46ghz UAD-2 Octo x2. Manley Vari-Mu, Manley Massive Passive, SSL VHD, ADL600, Grove Tubes ViPre, Tube-Tech CL-1B. Hafler TRM active monitoring.
Old 04-27-2013, 03:41 PM

Hi Crizdee ,
I'm a pro tools 8 user and i just installed pro tools but my mac (snow leopard 10.6.8 )quits unexpectedly when i open it.
And boom and mini grand doesn't work ...when i press the keyboard no sounds comes out ..thanks and was asking if you can help