Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-07-2015, 03:55 AM

Default Re: Shift + fader sets level to 0db

The release notes for v3.3 claim this has now been fixed. I haven't yet updated myself...

Can anyone confirm Shift + fader actually works now? (according to user robertg, it does not)
Old 08-07-2015, 07:34 AM

Default Re: Eucon 3.3 and again, the lack of requested features.

Quote:
Originally Posted by heilei View Post
Bugger. The release note does have this to say: "We also managed to squeeze in the following fixes including the much requested fix for SHIFT + Fader touch not resetting to 0db!

What’s Fixed
• Shift + Fader touch does not set fader to 0dB (EUCON-2883)"

So, despite the promises, it still doesn't work? (haven't yet updated myself)
The way they used to work is that you shift-touch a fader and it instantly flies up. If all the faders are down, you can scrub your finger across all of them to get them to 0 near-instantly. That was cool. Now they kinda do it with a long delay, sometimes they don't at all. Nowhere near the behavior before this feature was broken..
Old 08-10-2015, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artist PM View Post
I understand your frustration with shift + touch. We're on it.JC
Hi

Just to give you a hint - with version 2.7.1 it was working fine
Just read the code, which was written at that time and you will satisfy many of your customers and users.

Cheers
https://sites.google.com/site/alrecordingstudio/
1pc AVID Artist Control and 1pc Euphonix MC Mix
Win11 64Bit, Cubase Pro 12.0.52
Old 08-14-2015, 09:45 AM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertg View Post
I installed 3.3 and halfway expected the linear knob option to finally be here, and I am saddened, although not surprised that it is not.

But retina icons were fixed, thank god for that!

We had what I thought was an active discussion 4 months ago about very highly requested features, and it seemed like the management was listening.

I am sure the iPad app support is a big deal requiring a lot of effort, but I hope what we have been asking for is finally going to show up.

Edit: By the way, the shift+fader touch 0 db bug is NOT fixed. It is very much hit or miss now.
Hi Robert,

Which surfaces are you seeing the issue with SHIFT + Fader = 0db? Does it occur on a new session with one track? Its working on our end and LDS mentioned its working as well. If there is a scenario we missed where this is still a bug we'd like to fix it asap. Let me know.

Thanks,
Berkeley, CA
Old 08-17-2015, 03:40 PM

I updated this morning and it doesn't work, although yes, I get slightly less intermittent results if I tap the fader cap SUPER FAST. It should snap to 0 no matter what you're doing to the fader, so long as you have the button depressed.

I don't understand how this keeps being missed.
Old 08-17-2015, 11:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picture Start View Post
I updated this morning and it doesn't work, although yes, I get slightly less intermittent results if I tap the fader cap SUPER FAST. It should snap to 0 no matter what you're doing to the fader, so long as you have the button depressed.

I don't understand how this keeps being missed.
Neither do I, especially when they specifically state in the v3.3 release notes, that this is now fixed:

"We also managed to squeeze in the following fixes including the much requested fix for SHIFT + Fader touch not resetting to 0db!

What’s Fixed
• Shift + Fader touch does not set fader to 0dB (EUCON-2883)
"
Old 08-18-2015, 12:22 PM
Avid

I'm sorry to hear this is still not working, guys. We are looking into it asap.

For those of you experiencing this, please let us know which surfaces (Artist Mix, Artist Control, or S3) are affected.

Thanks!
Berkeley, CA
Old 08-21-2015, 02:32 PM
Avid

We just looked at this with Artist Control and Artist Mix and if you hold SHIFT and tap the fader cap for a split-second (don't tap + hold) it will reset to 0 db consistently. Can you guys check to see if you see the same?

Thanks.
Berkeley, CA
Old 08-23-2015, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle Splittgerber View Post
We just looked at this with Artist Control and Artist Mix and if you hold SHIFT and tap the fader cap for a split-second (don't tap + hold) it will reset to 0 db consistently. Can you guys check to see if you see the same?

Thanks.
Works well in Cubase 8.0.2.. No issues...
Old 08-28-2015, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle Splittgerber View Post

Thanks.
Very intermittent here!

Sometimes the fader will reset consistently, and then other times I have to tap the fader two, or three times to get it to work!

It doesn't seem to be consistently responsive with the amount of pressure on the fader cap either... I try to tap the fader the same way after a successful return to zero, but sometimes it works... and sometimes it doesn't!

What's interesting is that I never had a problem with the Artist Control... It was only the Artist Mix that didn't reset to zero dB as expected!

The Artist Control would immediately respond, and quickly reset to 0dB when Shift + Fader was applied.

The Artist Mix would not respond at all to the same command!

Now, both the Artist Control, and the Artist Mix seem to respond more slowly to the Shift + Fader = 0dB command! (maybe .5 to .75 of a second).

So, I guess an argument could be made that the more sluggish response is less wear and tear on the fader mechanism, and the Mix does respond to the Shift + Fader command more often than not... which is better than not responding at all!

So, thanks guys... your efforts are appreciated!

Al