Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid S4/S6
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-12-2015, 03:51 PM

Default Joystick

Very Nice! Love this promisse. Be able to XY control parameters will be very nice!
Love it.
-----
Old 04-12-2015, 06:28 PM
Avid

Default Re: Joystick

Glad to hear you are excited… Here's my blog post with a bit more info:

http://www.avidblogs.com/nab-2015-avid-pro-mixing-news/

[email protected]

Check out our Pro Mixing Webinars :
http://www.avid.com/US/resources/pro-mixing-webinars

Avid Pro Mixing Blog:
http://www.avidblogs.com/promixing/
Old 04-12-2015, 07:02 PM

was there where I found about it in the first time. ;-)
-----
Old 04-13-2015, 08:37 AM

Let me tell you a story. I sat with an Avid rep (in our dealer's demo room) almost exactly 45 days ago, just before purchasing an M10-24. We talked about how valuable a hardware panner would be to us. The rep told us, simply and clearly, that the touchscreen was our only Avid solution with nothing else in the works that he'd heard of. So we filled out our 4 buckets, which is the maximum number of M10 modules.

I would request that a panner module be allowed to be added as a sidecar to our M10-24, in addition to the modules we already have not instead of one of them. Otherwise, a JLCooper stick will continue to serve here.

Last edited by Postman; 04-13-2015 at 09:13 AM. Reason: not 60 days but 45, our demo was on Feb 25
Old 04-13-2015, 08:43 AM

so you have to remove a fader bank or other module to fit the joystick in? No way to add it to the master module?
Old 04-13-2015, 11:40 AM

Having put together a few S6 consoles, I see no reason why, with a little ingenuity, why you wouldn't be able to build a little side car for the Joysticks. Assuming you have a port open on the router and can extend power to it.

Randall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Postman View Post
Let me tell you a story. I sat with an Avid rep (in our dealer's demo room) almost exactly 45 days ago, just before purchasing an M10-24. We talked about how valuable a hardware panner would be to us. The rep told us, simply and clearly, that the touchscreen was our only Avid solution with nothing else in the works that he'd heard of. So we filled out our 4 buckets, which is the maximum number of M10 modules.

I would request that a panner module be allowed to be added as a sidecar to our M10-24, in addition to the modules we already have not instead of one of them. Otherwise, a JLCooper stick will continue to serve here.
Denver, CO
Old 04-13-2015, 12:21 PM

Quote:
I see no reason why, with a little ingenuity, why you wouldn't be able to build a little side car for the Joysticks. Assuming you have a port open on the router and can extend power to it.
It COULD be simple but here's the thing. M10 systems are limited to 24 faders. While configuring the M10 surface you can select 2,3,or 4 buckets. The way the software is written today you have a maximum of 11 modules to place upon the surface. There is currently no way to tell the software of a 12th module.
Old 04-13-2015, 08:42 PM

My installation manual for the M10 says its limited to running 10 modules total. That would be 9 modules for the fader/knob/process, and the 10th is the automation module. Full.

Postman- where did you hear about 11 modules support? My understanding was M10 = 10 modules max and M40 = 40 modules max
Old 04-13-2015, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucienpalmer View Post
My installation manual for the M10 says its limited to running 10 modules total. That would be 9 modules for the fader/knob/process, and the 10th is the automation module. Full.

Postman- where did you hear about 11 modules support? My understanding was M10 = 10 modules max and M40 = 40 modules max
The great thing about software is you can change it. I want to add a bucket to the middle of the console and split up the master and auto modules and stick a panner module in as well as a keyboard and trackball. The only limiting factor is that I have a bolster the size of 4 buckets and I need a 5 bucket length bolster.
Custom Build CPU, HDX 1, Omni, 192 I/O Digital
S6 M10 24 fader
Satellite Mac Pro, HDNative, 192 I/0
Black Magic HD Extreme
Old 04-14-2015, 04:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandonx1 View Post
The great thing about software is you can change it. I want to add a bucket to the middle of the console and split up the master and auto modules and stick a panner module in as well as a keyboard and trackball. The only limiting factor is that I have a bolster the size of 4 buckets and I need a 5 bucket length bolster.
Yeah! Agree.

Now that we have this option of Joystick pannel - if it will work as s6 piece, and not as midi joystick, like JL Cooper ones, I do believe that Avid should revise the S6 m10 maximum config to allow a 24 faders, with all 3 processing modules, 3 processing knobs and a joystick model! It won't hurt any bussiness model...
-----