Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-25-2017, 08:56 AM

Default Re: No Pro Tools 13 for me unfortunately.

There you have it!
Old 01-25-2017, 10:51 AM

Very well said.
Old 01-25-2017, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tattootroy View Post
Just some words of advise to folks working with avid audio.
I suggest start designing your plan B, thats if you depend on Avid to survive/feed your family.

The TRUE GODS of all has spoken: This company Avid audio, Pro Tools and all the head of bench will die soon, Never to return from the Dust for all the wealth and ideas it has robbed from the unaware.

As the user you should know and be aware its the users who create pro tools 12 to what it is today. Someone else may have code it, but its the users IDEAS and MONEY created all those features.
with out the users there would be no Company no head of benches.

Mark my words, Avid audio will Be dead, Bankrupt, gone, all the people preventing and robing will be history.

GODS Sees it all.
When it happens just remember you read it first here.

Kind Regards to all the great music and art creators out there, don't stop creating, there are tons of nice tools out there, plus tons of nice space out there to grab inspirations.

By the way all the negative post reply bots does not fades the GODS.
The GODS smile at their puny brain and puny remarks.
One Love
are you a prayer ? ... then you forgot to say "Amen" ;-)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIA...Rnu0Jfh-YsgftQ
Old 01-25-2017, 10:59 AM

Hells teeth!! "God Bothering®" rants give me the creeps. Can I get a Hallelujah on that?!!?
Old 01-25-2017, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushpig View Post
Hells teeth!! "God Bothering®" rants give me the creeps. Can I get a Hallelujah on that?!!?
hehe

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIA...Rnu0Jfh-YsgftQ
Old 01-25-2017, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tundra View Post
one can only hope that avid finally goes broke in 2017 and has to sell PT to a company that cares...

i'm looking at you focusrite.

+100000!!!!

Ohh yeaaa focusrite would be the fantastic one, they really know how to do business by caring for his clients, never been that glad at a company in my entire life as I've been with focusrite.
Old 01-25-2017, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardG View Post
+100000!!!!

Ohh yeaaa focusrite would be the fantastic one, they really know how to do business by caring for his clients, never been that glad at a company in my entire life as I've been with focusrite.
Except for the drivers
Old 01-25-2017, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Just some words of advise to folks working with avid audio.
I suggest start designing your plan B, thats if you depend on Avid to survive/feed your family.

The TRUE GODS of all has spoken: This company Avid audio, Pro Tools and all the head of bench will die soon, Never to return from the Dust for all the wealth and ideas it has robbed from the unaware.

As the user you should know and be aware its the users who create pro tools 12 to what it is today. Someone else may have code it, but its the users IDEAS and MONEY created all those features.
with out the users there would be no Company no head of benches.

Mark my words, Avid audio will Be dead, Bankrupt, gone, all the people preventing and robing will be history.

GODS Sees it all.
When it happens just remember you read it first here.

Kind Regards to all the great music and art creators out there, don't stop creating, there are tons of nice tools out there, plus tons of nice space out there to grab inspirations.

By the way all the negative post reply bots does not fades the GODS.
The GODS smile at their puny brain and puny remarks.
One Love
The Pseudo gods and their minions have been babbling this since Avid purchased Digidesign back in 96.. fast forward 21 years later, and Avid is still standing... So..... eh

Wave-T.com
Old 01-25-2017, 06:55 PM

Quote:
To avid, do take this as a honest critique from myself spending lots of money purchasing Your products both software and hardware in the past.

I have now fully weaned my self from using pro tools HD.

My main reason was the ridiculous high price for yearly renewal and Avid's heartless cash cow tack tics for charging/penalising extra if one did not renew before the expired date.

Vast begging of myself and others asking for Simple features example a notepad for storing song lyrics.

So so heartless to its Costumers of whom is the one who buy their products and keep them afloat.

I have come to my true senses I will never buy any more avid products and I will also encourage my associates to do the same, some of whom has done so before me.

There are a few other good DAWS out there that does the same as pro tools HD and much more plus cost less with better Costomer service and updates.

Yes life feels so so great not tied to one less string.

I wish avid audio a great 2017.

God bless.

I congratulate you my friend I too have been freed from the shackles of Avid.

They have a knack of creating the perception that their products are the "industry standard".

In my country however there is only 1 service agent for the nation.

Of all the pro audio stuff I have and that's a lot, the one Avid product I own failed and was at the mercy of the monopolistic service agent who continued in the deception that there was no other way by charging such a large initial non refundable that I felt there was no other option but to continue with the job only to have the repair finally cost a mere $200 less than purchasing a brand knew product that shipped with a free copy of Pro Tools 12.

Perhaps a blessing in disguise because I'd been waiting so long for Avid to come up with a 64 bit product! It took so long for my item to get fixed, (oh and did I mention that the brand new mother board that was installed in my device was actually faulty and the device had to be shipped straight back to the service agent at my cost!) that I started using Reaper!

Ok maybe the plugins that Avid provide are probably a little better, the DAW really craps on PT though, no iLock bloated ****! File size under 30mb, license (which is less than $80) is good for three version number so if you buy version 5 you're good for updates until 8 and there are on average about 120 or so updates per version.

The makers of Reaper will give a fully functional demo that can be updated and never expires because they believe that you will like the product so much you will want to own a license.
Bit of a refreshing change from Avid. Imagine how much of the revenue goes just into that crappy iLok??
So enjoy your newly found freedom and back the companies that deserve rewarding.

At the end of the day it's money that is exchanged for these products so vote with your wallet

Cheers

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dell Laptop Latitude E6510 Windows7 64bit
Intel Core i5 M520 @ 2.4ghz 8g ram
Komplete Audio 6

Mac OSX 10.6.8
Intel Core i5 3.29 ghz 8g ram ddr3 1333mhz
M Audio Firewire 410
Old 01-25-2017, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emcha_audio View Post
The Pseudo gods and their minions have been babbling this since Avid purchased Digidesign back in 96.. fast forward 21 years later, and Avid is still standing... So..... eh
1996?? I bought a C24 in 2007 and was still Digidesign