Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-02-2005, 02:49 AM

Default PSP Vintage Meter

Hi all!

My first post here, I hope someone can answer my question...
I checked out the Vintage Meter by PSP. Does anybody use this meter and if so, is it available as RTAS plug for PC or do you use it with the famous VST wrapper?

And I would also like to know if this meter is accurate. The BF meter is not really accurate if you ask me, so that's why I am looking for a better one now.

Thanks for your help!
Old 10-02-2005, 05:06 AM

Default Re: PSP Vintage Meter

I'm pretty sure that the Vintage Meter works as RTAS (I think I remember checking it out a while ago) but I can't vouch for the accuracy of it. I used this in the past... AES Inspector which provides way more information levels, stereo spectrum ect. Its free and they have Inspector XL (which I use now) which is even more detailed for only a little cash.
Old 10-02-2005, 05:50 AM

Default Re: PSP Vintage Meter

Quote:
...AES Inspector which provides way more information levels, stereo spectrum ect. Its free and they have Inspector XL (which I use now) which is even more detailed for only a little cash.
Thanx for that info...Inspector XL looks cool. If I would buy it it would be for the K-system meter...very nice! I will certainly have a look at that.

And if anybody knows something about the accuracy of the PSP VU meter, please let me know! A lot of times I just like to use a good old VU-meter...