Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-27-2008, 11:04 PM

Default When I consolidate files, it puts it in a root directory????

New problem today..
I have a session on my 500 GB external J drive...
all session files and tracks are together in their local directory on this J drive.

Just now I needed to consolidate a few tracks into one big wav file since I need to send the track to my client.. I don't want to send him 20 little chunks of the song.. just one file.

So, I do the normal Consolidate files action.
It did it - but it's not where it's supposed to be!

Instead of putting it in the same folder as everything else, after wondering why it's not there I checked and saw that Pro Tools jumped over to my C drive and created a new folder the name of the song title\ audio files.

I've consolidated a few tracks in 2 songs just now and in both cases,
I have two new folders on my C drive that are
c:\SONG TITLE\Audio Files\ <--- and here is where whatever I consolidated ends up.
The rest of the song is where it should be - on my J drive!

Why is this? and how do I stop it? I need it to just stay in the local folder that has all the other tracks!

Any help would be most appreciated

Pro tools LE 7.3.1 cs1

S
Old 02-28-2008, 05:07 PM

Default Re: When I consolidate files, it puts it in a root directory

Odd for sure. Are you using a template session? If so, maybe you need to change the method. If you open the template and save it with a new name on another drive, it will still send audio files to the audio file folder in the template session. A better method is to create your new session (on your audio drive) and once it is open, go to FILE>IMPORT SESSION DATA> and point to your template session and choose everything. BTW, Once you consolidate a bunch of regions into a single region, you can immediately go to the regions bin (right side when you hit >>) and select the new region(if the track is highlighted, the region will be easy to find as it turns blue) and choose EXPORT REGION AS FILE and send it somewhere easy to find(like the desktop).

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 02-28-2008, 10:38 PM

Default Re: When I consolidate files, it puts it in a root directory????

Check your Disk Allocation under the Setup menu. Make sure the root media folder is on the hard drive that your session is on.