Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid S1, S3, Dock and Control App

Old 01-13-2021, 11:34 PM

Default Audio Interface with input for Dock and S1

Hey! I'm wondering if there is an audio interface that has an ethernet port that will connect a Dock and S1 to Pro Tools (or any other DAWs). I found the MOTU 828es. It has an ethernet input that is AVB/TSN. Will the dock and S1 connect to Pro Tools through this interface?
Old 01-14-2021, 07:18 AM
Avid

Default Re: Audio Interface with input for Dock and S1

The Dock and S1 should go into a Router and then the Workstation. If you want to add an Audio over Ethernet I/O interface I would plug this into a second Ethernet port on the Workstation.
Old 01-14-2021, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieJones View Post
The Dock and S1 should go into a Router and then the Workstation. If you want to add an Audio over Ethernet I/O interface I would plug this into a second Ethernet port on the Workstation.
Thanks for the response! That way of connection was already understood. Are you implying that it is not possible to find an audio interface that can connect the Dock and S1 to Pro Tools? That is what I'm looking for and that is what my question is about.
Old 01-14-2021, 05:20 PM
Avid

I think I'm confused as to what you are trying to achieve? The Dock and S1 don't have any audio in them. An I/O doesn't have an ethernet switch in them.
Old 01-19-2021, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieJones View Post
I think I'm confused as to what you are trying to achieve? The Dock and S1 don't have any audio in them. An I/O doesn't have an ethernet switch in them.
What I am trying to achieve is a connection between a Dock/S1 and Pro Tools through an audio interface. If it is not possible then it's just not possible. Midi devices can not have audio in them yet they can still be used through an audio interface. The audio interface that I mentioned initially when I first mentioned what I'm trying to achieve has an ethernet port. I was going to get that and try but some have told me that it doesn't work. I'm considering renting one to see if it works. If it doesn't work I am looking for an audio interface that will work for what I'm trying to do.
Old 01-20-2021, 06:58 AM

The Moti 828es is an audio interface than can be attached to an existing Network or to another Motu device via Ethernet for expansion, control, and audio distribution across a network.. It is not a network router or switch. Once you build an existing network infrastructure you can attach all three devices to that same network but you cannot attach a Dock or S1 via Ethernet to the Motu and expect either Avid device to work as they should.
Old 01-23-2021, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by its2loud View Post
The Moti 828es is an audio interface than can be attached to an existing Network or to another Motu device via Ethernet for expansion, control, and audio distribution across a network.. It is not a network router or switch. Once you build an existing network infrastructure you can attach all three devices to that same network but you cannot attach a Dock or S1 via Ethernet to the Motu and expect either Avid device to work as they should.
Got it! Understood. Thank you!