Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack

Old 10-22-2018, 07:17 PM

Default How do you uninstall the Eleven Rack Driver?

I know that I have an old interface, the DIGI 003, and it is not showing up as playback engine. I saw that a fix for this is to actually uninstall the seemingly unrelated Eleven Rack Driver.

Maybe the answer is to uninstall Pro Tools and then reinstall without the Rack option?

Perplexed that driver installers are not in the application manager...
Old 10-22-2018, 07:27 PM

Default Re: Eleven Rack Driver Uninstall

Quote:
Originally Posted by ufoclub1977 View Post
I know that I have an old interface, the DIGI 003, and it is not showing up as playback engine. I saw that a fix for this is to actually uninstall the seemingly unrelated Eleven Rack Driver.

Maybe the answer is to uninstall Pro Tools and then reinstall without the Rack option?

Perplexed that driver installers are not in the application manager...
You've not provided any information here about what version of anything you are running on what computer... how is anybody supposed to provide any help. Start at "Help us help you" up the top of each DUC web page. And profiles are often out of date... is yours correct? Better to put inline.

If you read the thread above more carefully it describes using the driver uninstaller. Have you done that? I am not sure uninstalling the Eleven Rack driver will help you however. Where exactly did you see that advice? Please provide a web link. You might be better off trouble shooting your Digi 003 setup/driver install. Does the 003 show up in Core Audio?

What exact macOS version are you running and what exact 003 driver are you trying to install? The most common issue with driver installs on recent versions of macOS is lack of driver signage. Did you get an error in macOS Security & Privacy>General Preferences that you need to approve the install?

And in the worse case any driver on a Mac can be manually uninstalled, the kext (driver) itself removed from /System/Library/Extensions folder (device disconnected, move the kext elsewhere and reboot) and any Preferences Panes deleted by hand. But be careful hacking away on stuff. And there can be other minor stuff left behind but usually getting rid of those two things will remove the drivers for any practical purpose. But again, I be surprised if any of that is needed here.

Last edited by Darryl Ramm; 10-22-2018 at 07:43 PM.
Old 10-22-2018, 08:25 PM

UPDATED:

Mac OSX 10.13.6
iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2014)
4 GHz Intel Core i7
32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
AMD Radeon R9 M295X 4096 MB

Pro Tools 2018.10.0

I did finally see that you had to find the standalone installer on the Avid site and then download it and do a deinstall. I'll also trouble shoot the DIGI 003 installer. DIGI 003 does not show up in Audio MIDI setup in the Audio devices window.

Let me explain why I involved the Eleven Rack... about 4-5 months ago, I re-installed my entire system onto this iMac. I then noticed the Dgigi 003 didn't show up. I dug and dug and finally found one person that had posted somewhere about the Eleven Rack needing to be uninstalled, I remember doing that. And lo, and behold, I was able to see the DIGI 003 and use it to record through an XLR input.

Today, I was updating the application manager and I noticed the checkboxes for auto install and auto update. I checked that, since it also notified me that Pro Tools needed to be updated. Of course it automatically installed the Eleven Rack. And now the DIGI 003 is gone...

I'll go over the steps you listed and look up anyone else who might be have been in the same boat. I'll also probably just buy a new interface in the next few weeks.
Old 10-22-2018, 08:43 PM

I got it back! But of course it could've been the deinstallation or it could have been someone tugged on the old firewire connection, and I simply pushed it back in. I'll test it by re-installing the Eleven Rack.
Old 10-22-2018, 09:06 PM

Eleven Rack is a hardware interface, and I don't see that listed in any of your info. If you don't have an Eleven Rack in this system then don't install the Eleven Rack Driver or Eleven Rack Editor. Note that the Eleven Rack Drivers include uninstallers in case you need to run one.
Old 10-22-2018, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ufoclub1977 View Post
I got it back! But of course it could've been the deinstallation or it could have been someone tugged on the old firewire connection, and I simply pushed it back in. I'll test it by re-installing the Eleven Rack.
Cool. If you get stuck again and the 003 is connected run "kextstat | grep 003" (trying to remember what the 003 kext reports itself as, but I think that "003" will find it). You want to see the kext driver loaded and being reported by kextstat when the device is connected, even if it the device does not show up anywhere else. That not happening is a (very) sick driver install or hardware problem.
Old 10-23-2018, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffro View Post
Eleven Rack is a hardware interface, and I don't see that listed in any of your info. If you don't have an Eleven Rack in this system then don't install the Eleven Rack Driver or Eleven Rack Editor. Note that the Eleven Rack Drivers include uninstallers in case you need to run one.
I don't have the rack, so I'll keep it from installing.