How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid S4/S6

Old 10-25-2019, 10:26 AM

Default Double Pressing "Dyn" and "EQ" on Process Module

From the S6 19.5 manual

"(Requires Pro Tools 12.8.2 or Higher) 
When EQ or Dyn is enabled on a Process Module, double-pressing the EQ or Dyn switch cycles to the next EQ or Dynamics"

Very Helpful I have often wondered about this. However it is pretty buggy though and doesn't work all that well for me and jumps around. I can press slow and it won't jump to the next as expected, double pressing will sometimes jump to the next dynamic plug or stay on the same one or jump through two dynamic plug-ins. The same for the EQ.
Old 10-26-2019, 11:13 AM
Avid

Default Re: Double Pressing "Dyn" and "EQ" on Process Module

There are some rules and timers in there to stop unwanted behavior, and once you get used to it it should be more predictable. We had to do this because of issues like going to another strip and coming back you don't want to switch to the next EQ. One thing to note though that might be throwing it off is if you change the setting in PT for which slot to start at it can get out of sync. So restarting PT once you have set the slot is recommended. (its a bug on our list to fix)
Old 10-28-2019, 01:23 PM

Thanks Eddie for the information and explanation. I have restarted Pro Tools and it still seems to jump around with nearly every double press. I wait a few seconds and double press and it will go to the next dynamic plug-in and then jump past it and to two away or back to the one I started on.

I have tried different S6 strips in case the button is double-pressing with a single press. Hopefully you are seeing some of this behavior as well. I am on

Eucon 19.9.1
Pro Tools 19.6
macOS 10.13.6
Old 02-03-2021, 07:12 AM

Is there a way to adjust the timers manually? I feel like the boundaries / wait times are a tad too long and not instinctual, for me at least.
Old 02-28-2021, 12:47 PM
Avid

I agree that these timing values could be optimized or tuned betted. I have adjusted to the expected timing but it's a bit finicky.

Jeff
MTRX FAQ