Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2018

Old 08-14-2019, 03:35 PM

Default Clicking "Add MP3" adds ~1min of silence to the end of the file

If I am bouncing a WAV and I click "Add MP3" then the exported MP3 has ~1min of silence tacked on to the END of the file, while the WAV remains the correct length. So for example, if the project is 7m15s long and I Bounce To Disk, select WAV, and click the "Add MP3" box to the right, on export the progress bar will actually read "x:xx/8:15" and the WAV will be 7:15 long while the MP3 will be 8:15. However, if I export only to MP3 then that MP3 will be 7:15 long. It doesn't matter if the file(s) or project are 3min or 120min that exported MP3 always has almost exactly 1 extra minute of silence at the end (and the WAV does not).
We have found this issue to be office-wide, all of us operating the same version of PT and using roughly similar OS.
Is this a bug or have we inadvertently checked/unchecked some unknown box somewhere?
Old 08-14-2019, 03:47 PM

Default Re: Clicking "Add MP3" adds ~1min of silence to the end of the file

This has come up a fair few time on the DUC. Fairly recently as well IIRC.

I can’t remember if it was a bug or an incorrect setting, but if you search the forum you’ll find a few threads discussing the issue and hopefully a remedy to your situation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-14-2019, 04:12 PM

Maybe I'm not using the correct keywords but I could not locate anything specific to this kind of silence so I decided to post here for help. Any suggestions for how to search even would be helpful! Thanks in advance!
Old 08-16-2019, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ouchmypockets View Post
Maybe I'm not using the correct keywords but I could not locate anything specific to this kind of silence so I decided to post here for help. Any suggestions for how to search even would be helpful! Thanks in advance!

I don’t remember if I found it here or somewhere else, but I had the same issue with WAV and MP3 by default. The fix was to explicitly mark the start and end of what you wanted to bounce with the blue indicators above the tracks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk