Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 01-07-2002, 01:03 AM

Default Re: feature request list for 2002

>>I see your point, Mark, but I think it also makes the case for not having any high profile project needing the utmost security accessible on a network. In a large facility, how could you make sure that some disgruntled tech in some back room wasn't spiriting off files (even if unmixed)?<<

Of course you are right but my main point is really the idea that session documentation is really an issue now, and I thought that pdf could be a good format because of it's reliability, cross-platform capabilities and easy printability.
Old 01-07-2002, 01:08 AM

Annoying thing in 5.1.1 :

when I drag or option-drag a plugin from one track to another, PT will allow going from mono to stereo channel, but not the opposite. I see no valid reason for this and would really like this to work both ways.

Like many here I would also love to be able to drag auxes from one track to another.
Old 01-07-2002, 07:25 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Also, if you are on a TDM system and you assign a track to a specific voice, as opposed to using "Auto voice", Pro Tools will automatically compensate for RTAS plugin latency.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

John,
Maybe I understand this wrong, but don't you HAVE to have a track assigend to AUTO Voice to use an RTAS pulg-in? [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img]
michael@echopark.com
Old 01-07-2002, 09:39 AM

>>give me 1 track (stereo or greater) that plays and scrolls seperately from the rest. I REALLY miss source/destintion editing
from Sonic Solutions.>>

CLee--I absolutely agree. I've found ways around it but definitely miss it. Also--and here's my suggestion--Sonic allowed you to establish what take number you were starting with, rather than starting with 1 all the time. It sucks to change the track name in the middle of a session (from "DonVO" to "BobVO" or whatever) and have the takes start again from 1. You then spend the entire edit session asking "WHICH take 15?"
Old 01-07-2002, 11:35 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by Corey Shay:
The problem with opt-clicking a fader in a mix group is also a huge problem. We need an undo for when this happens. We have undo for just about every edit we make, but absolutely no undo for anything we do in a mix be it moving a fader, deleting a track, or removing a plugin.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Absolutely! This has annoyed me on several occasions. With all the edit functions that can be undone, it's a crime that something as basic and critically important as fader changes isn't undoable. The only way to protect your mix is to realize what you've done and revert to saved.
Old 01-07-2002, 01:13 PM

boring question all over again, but essential

-delete fade shortcut
-various fade curve shortcut
Old 01-07-2002, 01:24 PM

Bar/beat readout in a more musically way please, instead of 240, 720......

1/2, 1/16......, like the others do

amen [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]
Old 01-10-2002, 04:15 AM

I'd like to see some MIDI plug ins!!! Just simple things like a velocity compressor, quantise, transpose ....they could work in input as well, like an audio plug in?
Old 01-10-2002, 06:19 AM

one thing that pisses me off is that when I go to select a plug-in (TDM or RTAS), I spend flippin ages trying to find the right one!!!! --the "random-almost-alphabetical" mode its in at the moment really is pathetic.

Also, the Region List seems to be far to disorganized (still!!!) even when deleting and conforming them amap!

anyhoo, ....my suggestion in both these cases is therefore to provide some sort of Folder or Sub-Folder lists in which the user can determine easily what he wants to see......hope that made sense!
i.e. a compression folder in the plug-in pull down for all the compression plug-ins....

anyway some sweet ideas here keep it up chaps!

[img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 01-11-2002, 12:00 AM

- Option for a fatter timeline/cursor.
- Session Setup to show how many audio tracks, auxs, masters and MIDI tracks are in use.
- tracks to number themselves (How many tracks does your session have? I dunno...lemme count...1,2,3..ugh!)
- Audio Files (and Fade Files) folder name to have the name of the session included (ex: Cool Song Audio Files)
- show Markers in Big Counter Display
- and more...