Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Live Sound > VENUE Live Sound Systems

Old 02-01-2012, 02:25 AM

Default Re: SC48 & D-SHOW & VNC software.....is not possible!

A big step with the venue 3 and SC48 Remote, I can not wait to try it !!, thanks, but please open your eyes and take a look to other companies, there must be an standalone software, would be a great advantage for Avid Venue. VNC is slow and is not stable for this work, this is not the future.
Old 09-08-2012, 05:46 PM

Hello again friends, it's a long time and we are still waiting, please see the http://avid.venue.ideascale.com/, a standalone software for Ipad is the 2nd request with the most votes. In the meantime we still having fun with vegas mode.
Old 10-31-2012, 04:33 AM

ECx version 3.0 is a new patch!!, we must address the root causes.
The solution is to create an independent software.
Please, get down to work!! It was about doing the right thing for the customer if you do not want to be left behind, you must make an effort to face at the competition.
10,000 views.
That is my personal opinion, thank you for your understanding.
Old 07-09-2013, 02:15 PM

http://avid.venue.ideascale.com/, A standalone software for Ipad is the first request with the most votes.
Old 08-31-2014, 04:12 PM

Several years waiting the standalone software solution for Avid SC48, I had that problem for monitors with VNC software.
Now tired of waiting, I have a very easy solutión with 2,400$ Behringer X32 Rack&S16 and tablet PC software, for me, the best by far.
I guess this comment is not liked by some, I sorry, but too I do not like paid 35,000$ and Avid have forgotten us. Goodbye Avid.
Please, excuse my English, thanks.
Old 10-30-2014, 05:07 PM

In my opinion it is pretty bad that Avid has not done a proper table app yet. It is so helpful for setup and tweaking, especially for the setup with monitor and FOH EQ, front/wide/delay fill balancing, etc. . . The Stage Mix software for the Yamaha products works well, and although we don't use the X32 (I need at least 40 inputs), the software looks very usable. I have tried, but really can't use VNC with a touch screen. . . it is too slow and very prone to disasters.

Aside from the benefits at setup, a proper tablet app is very useful for live shows. . . I had to mix a corporate show where the console was in a horrible position (large hall, mix position at the back of the room under a balcony, with a huge bass boost and hi-freq drivers shaded completely). I was able to walk around and mix fairly comfortably with the Yamaha Stage Mix software on my iPad. . . with Avid I just could not have done it.

I see no benefit to the S3 surface, nor do any other FOH or Monitor techs I know. . . I really wish that R&D was spent on a Tablet App, and creating a Profile like surface with the a flex channel like the SC48 and the new distributed architecture of the S series. . .

Oh well, I am not the product manager, maybe there is some method to the madness, but so far the logic is void in my opinion. . .
Old 10-31-2014, 02:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howardk View Post
In my opinion it is pretty bad that Avid has not done a proper table app yet. It is so helpful for setup and tweaking, especially for the setup with monitor and FOH EQ, front/wide/delay fill balancing, etc. . . The Stage Mix software for the Yamaha products works well, and although we don't use the X32 (I need at least 40 inputs), the software looks very usable. I have tried, but really can't use VNC with a touch screen. . . it is too slow and very prone to disasters.

Aside from the benefits at setup, a proper tablet app is very useful for live shows. . . I had to mix a corporate show where the console was in a horrible position (large hall, mix position at the back of the room under a balcony, with a huge bass boost and hi-freq drivers shaded completely). I was able to walk around and mix fairly comfortably with the Yamaha Stage Mix software on my iPad. . . with Avid I just could not have done it.

I see no benefit to the S3 surface, nor do any other FOH or Monitor techs I know. . . I really wish that R&D was spent on a Tablet App, and creating a Profile like surface with the a flex channel like the SC48 and the new distributed architecture of the S series. . .

Oh well, I am not the product manager, maybe there is some method to the madness, but so far the logic is void in my opinion. . .

Yes we need the app... reason why we don't have it, I guess it shows the recourses available to Avid for R&D I

About the S3 having no benefit... well I would argue against that. D-Show, Profile, SC48 are all very fine and nice but they were limited to what they were. I believe "no more than 24 auxes" is purely cause these surfaces were developed for 16 and stretched for 24. With S3 "style" you can go nearly endlessly with the software without the surface becoming a bottle neck. You can keep paging and paging if needed, 16 aux, 32 aux, 48 aux ect ect.

But I'm with you regarding S3 scares the [bleep][bleep][bleep][bleep][bleep] out of "worker-style" engineers. I'm a "nerd-kind-of" engineer that uses most out of the S3 and I'm absolutely loving it! I use the user layer, snapshots in various ways, I use fader start for intros and backround music (I have 64Gb memory stick in the E3 so all of my music is always available on the desk, that way I can be a damn DJ if the situation requires). I use the function keys to control Pro Tools and use Pro Tools for backing tracks for one of the clients (cause of this we were able to unload a heavy amount of gear that was used previously to provide the backing tracks).

I believe the main reasons "worker-style" engineers are afraid of the surface is that it does not have dedicated EQ/Dyn buttons. And I would personally like to have way faster access to plugin control and faster spill of auxes. I believe these "issues" could be resolved by adding a small side-car to the S3 that would have dedicated EQ/Dyn section and bunch of programmable function keys / rotary encoder combos (with scribble strips this time please) so that I could program these buttons to either always access a certain plugin parameter not matter the channel selection, map a selected plugin to all the encoders or program a function key to directly spill a certain aux so that I would not need to navigate thru pages to get to the given mix and then spill it.

I really hope Avid makes this happen, so who ever needs this can add the sidecar to the S3.

....Annnnd ...avidshouldworkoutthebusinesswithwavessowecouldf inallygetwavesbacktoaaxoratleasttoS3L!
Old 10-31-2014, 07:37 AM

For me the S3 offers a fair amount of promise - the new engine and software are a step up from the Venue system, but I wouldn't dream of touring with such a basic control surface. I'd still rather have an SC48 at this point if I was on a budget.
That said, there is no technical reason I can see preventing the development of an advanced surface for the S3 system. It's just a mouse after all. Of course, I thought for years we'd see different or custom surfaces for Venue and that never happened.
If the S3 turns out to be a first baby step in a new flagship product line, I will be thrilled, but I've been waiting years for Avid live mixing products to catch up to the competition. I sincerely hope it's coming.
Old 04-26-2018, 07:26 PM

I would settle for a method to activate flip to faders, select an aux and move the fader via VNC.