Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-12-2002, 09:15 AM

Default Why soooo slooowwww?

Hi,

Since upgrading to HD, I'm wondering why the computers are so slow? 5 new HD and 5 new slow computer?

Importing a file (CMD-Shift-I) used to take 2-3 seconds in the old Mix system for the window to appear, now, it takes 10 seconds!

And why cannot change the sampling freq when a session is already open like it used to? I cannot go from 44.1 to 48KHz anymore without making a completely new session?!?

The leds on the 192s are completely useless.

I'm getting tired of having always a error message telling that I'm not synced (Video reference in our case) and 3 seconds later, Sync now Ok. Thats a waste of time.

And I want to calibrate at -12 like I used to be. Now I got to change all my systems and tones because I'm now using a -20 reference level.

HD may be good and fun and new because you can record in 96 or 192KHz but for a lot of people that upgrade is completely useless, but to stay on top, Digi simply doesn't give us a chance.

Until TV and Radio Spots will be using 44.1/16 bits CD or 48/20 bits BetaDigi (or even an analog SP !) This upgrade is for us completely useless.