How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts

Old 02-24-2021, 09:33 AM

Default Problem with account billing

Hi - I just received the following email from Avid:

We hate to interrupt your flow

There was a problem processing the recurring subscription payment for your Pro Tools SW Monthly Subscription . Sustaining your power to create is what we’re here for, so let’s reconnect.

To keep using Pro Tools SW Monthly Subscription, please log in to your Avid account to verify and update your billing information to ensure there is no interruption to your subscription service.

For detailed instructions on how to continue using your subscription, click here.

Thanks for making Avid part of your creative process!

But when I logged into my Avid account, I can't seem to access my billing information. Furthermore, I know my linked CC is current and without issues. Makes me think this is some sort of glitch on the Avid end, but I want to be sure my service isn't interrupted!

thanks for any help.
Old 02-24-2021, 10:11 AM

Default Re: Problem with account billing

There isn't much we can do here on the forum for you. Just to make sure there are no interruptions in service, I would Contact Avid Support

System Details
Old 02-26-2021, 08:55 AM

Yeah, true. I just posted this in case other users were experiencing similar. I’ve opened a ticket with avid support- it’s my first foray into this for any reason. I sure hope they’re prompt because I’m in the middle of a big project. I still have access for now, but paranoid about losing service at any moment.

I’ve called my CC and bank, no problems with either card, tried switching payment methods but keep getting the notice that they can’t process my payment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-26-2021, 09:49 AM

If you run out of time while this is being dealt with, you can download the Pro Tools demo which will give you more time.

Formerly hobotom

Pro Tools Ultimate 2024 HDX Hybrid
HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs
Ampex MM1200 2" 24 trk tape
Outboard: UREI, Eventide, Lexicon, Yamaha, TC Electronics, Orban, ART, EchoAudio, Dolby, Hughes, API, Neve, Audio Arts, BBE, Aphex, Berringer, MOTU, dbx, Allison, etc.
Plug-ins: Too many to talk about.

www.metrostudios.com
Old 03-07-2021, 10:20 PM

I'm having the exact same problem. I could not locate a subscription link anywhere. I tried submitting a ticket but the website froze. Let me know if you figured it out.

Thank you!
Old 03-09-2021, 08:33 PM

Sorry I just saw this, I only stop by periodically...

I did sort it out, by trial and error rather than any real help from Avid support. I eventually found the account billing info by going to the "my products" tab on the account details page and clicking on "Pro Tools subscription". From there you have access to the payment methods you have on file. I tried a few cards to no avail over a couple of days and finally my payment was accepted.

Don't know the reason for the glitch. It wasn't a problem with any aspects of my cards.