Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 05-11-2016, 01:05 PM

Default Antelope Zen Tour

Hi Guys,thinking of upgrading (actual getting rid off )my old MBox 2 pro to Antelope Zen Tour...
Has anyone got it?any thoughts?
Also,i have mixed feelings after reading some comments in GearSlutz about Antelope in general about no support for customers or software bugs etc. etc
Are there any Antelope users here?
I would like to know your opinions...
Old 05-11-2016, 07:30 PM

Default Re: Antelope Zen Tour

You have plenty of options like RME, Audient, MOTU, etc. My own experience with Antelope was with the original ORION and it was a disaster(the current version is getting better reviews). Of all the brands we are talking about, RME probably has an edge due to some of the best drivers in the biz. Audient makes really good hardware but I have no experience with their software(all of these 3rd party boxes will likely require their own routing/monitoring utility to run alongside Pro Tools). I would put MOTU at the bottom of this lineup(not bad, just not as good). Do a google search for "reviews for Antelope Zen"(without the quotes) and any other hardware you are considering as there should be plenty of info on the web

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 05-12-2016, 01:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by albee1952 View Post
You have plenty of options like RME, Audient, MOTU, etc. My own experience with Antelope was with the original ORION and it was a disaster(the current version is getting better reviews). Of all the brands we are talking about, RME probably has an edge due to some of the best drivers in the biz. Audient makes really good hardware but I have no experience with their software(all of these 3rd party boxes will likely require their own routing/monitoring utility to run alongside Pro Tools). I would put MOTU at the bottom of this lineup(not bad, just not as good). Do a google search for "reviews for Antelope Zen"(without the quotes) and any other hardware you are considering as there should be plenty of info on the web
Thanx albee1952
I have been looking at antelope's products for a long time...Was interested in Orion Studio but i am short on budget but now i can afford a Zen Tour...Antelope's products are the best out there undeniably...I know i have a lot of alternative options like RME,MOTU as you mentioned and UA Apollo Twin or Apogee Quartet....
By disaster what do you mean?Do you had a but unit?or had problems with drivers/software?no support from the company?
that's what concerns me....because technically speaking their hardware are superb.
Don't want to spend a huge amount of money (for me) for a product that would not be supported in the future...(Had this with Avid which they don't support their OWN products after a couple years....ridiculous....)Other brands still support their legacy products until now...
Old 05-12-2016, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thanos4 View Post
Antelope's products are the best out there undeniably...
I would deny the truth of this statement. Of course, much of this is subjective - best out there in terms of absolute sound quality? Price to performance? Support? Expandability?

Anyway, don't ignore other options. The Zen Tour does have a very attractive feature set for the price, though.
Old 05-12-2016, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesaone View Post
I would deny the truth of this statement. Of course, much of this is subjective - best out there in terms of absolute sound quality? Price to performance? Support? Expandability?

Anyway, don't ignore other options. The Zen Tour does have a very attractive feature set for the price, though.
Hi mesaone
i was speaking about the hardware factor in general...
now as for the big picture (software+support etc etc) i don't know...that's why i asked here if someone is a happy user or the opposite etc
Yes the price is very good with what this unit offers...