Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 08-03-2003, 09:46 AM

Default share Mbox/PT-LE with 2 computers?

Suppose I want to use my powerbook for tracking, but edit on my desktop ... and suppose I buy an Mbox ... can I put the PT-LE software on both computers? I'm guessing I would have to move the Mbox back and forth between machines to authenticate the software on the machine I'm currently using -- would that actually work?

Also, suppose I hang the Mbox off the USB port of my desktop. Would I then be able to use the Delta 1010 card installed on that machine for output (or even input/output), or would I be restricted to using the Mbox as I/O?
Old 08-03-2003, 10:29 AM

Default Re: share Mbox/PT-LE with 2 computers?

I'm not sure on the official digidesign stance on installing the software on 2 machines, but since the Mbox would have to be connected in order for the PT software to run, I don't think it's legally a problem. You'd just have to plug the Mbox into whichever machine you wanted to run ProTools on, and the one without it connected wouldn't be able to launch the software.

Quote:
Would I then be able to use the Delta 1010 card installed on that machine for output (or even input/output), or would I be restricted to using the Mbox as I/O?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">You'd be restriced to the Mbox only - ProTools software only recognises Digidesign hardware, no third party audio cards etc. are supported.