Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > Buy & Sell
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-08-2015, 12:20 AM

Default Control 24 UK sale "SOLD"

Hi,

Currently up for £899 may consider offers...

Based in UK Brighton Sussex. Collection or point to point delivery service / man with a van collect and deliver direct to you etc. (Wouldn't trust a courier company with delivery!)

Control 24 control surface for Pro Tools with 16 integrated Focusrite preamps

The armrest I have covered in a soft but durable synthetic foam which is much nicer than the semi-sticky plastic it's made of. You'll also notice from the photos I have covered the top of the side panels with hard foam and a strip below the rotary encoders as I found it nicer to operate the encoders with a soft surface to rest on. The side panels still have this semi sticky surface and do look a bit tired and worn, but could easily be covered if you want 100% cosmetics

Because I like to sleep at night I'm going to list every little thing about the control surface that most sellers wouldn't mention!...

In very good condition with only a few minor niggles... On the keyboard pad, 3 of the most common used buttons the "+" " -" and "enter" buttons have had the legending rubbed off, this also started on the play and stop buttons in the transport, but I have remarked them and since discovered that covering them with a small bit of cellotape stops the legending from rubbing off.
Scribble strips 21/22 flicker when first turned on but work fine once unit has been on for a while about 20-30 minutes. Its been like this since I bought it 6-7 years.
The rotary encoders (pan pots etc) are indented and operate in steps down to 0.1 db. On the first 2-3 rotary encodes on the left they sometimes jump a step! This never bothered me as it was so minor an issue.
Don't let these small issues put you off! the unit is in very good condition and everything works great as i really look after my equipment!

This is the latest version H with the better Skynet power supply, the power supply was sent to Skynet to be overhauled and upgraded with the higher 105 degree capacitor C20 which was a common fault on these units.

I never automated the faders as I always automated a plugin for volume and left the faders free from automation so I could have hands on mix with the faders so very little use to the faders and motors.

Works with all versions of pro tools! HD/HDX/TDM/LE/Native etc up to version 10.3.10 (does not work with 11)
Controls pro tools via Ethernet connection Mac & PC
Has a monitor section for 2 speaker sets, with up 5.1 monitoring capability.
And an aux section for sending headphone mix and talkback etc
Also has 16 built in Focusrite preamps

Since using a control surface I no longer get RSI in my hands and wrists! Once you switch to using a control surface to mix and control plugins you'll never go back to a mouse.
Original price when new was over £7000. Here's a great opportunity to get a 24 channel control surface for a good price! Nothing else comes close in this price range. Gives you full control of the faders/automation/plugins/sends/buses/edit functions/shortcuts etc.
Please bear in mind this is a control surface and not a mixing desk or sound card for pro tools! No audio goes through the control surface! It controls everything on the pro tools screen like a glorified mouse.

The 16 Focusrite preamps are stand alone from the control surface functions and connects to your pro tools interfaces via 25way D-connections (AKA Digi-snakes) on the control surface there is a control for gain and Hi-pass filter for the preamps

Collection / Shipping : Due to size and weight I can’t trust a general courier company. So prefer collection…

I have lots of bubble-wrap and cardboard so can pack the item well enough for personal collection or point-to-point collection/delivery service! Man with a van etc who will “collect and deliver direct to you”. Shiply.com is good for point-to-point collection/delivery.

I can offer to deliver for 40p per mile upto approx 150 miles from Brighton as per Google maps. Unfortunately car is v6 3 Litre so quite thirsty.

I can demonstrate the unit fully working in brighton or if i deliver will setup and show working in situ.

Any questions please email via PM or email me direct chris (@) ukmastering (dot) com

Producer, Engineer,
UKmastering Mixing & Mastering
Blinders_Columbia top 40 UK album charts
Slow Readers Club Joy Of The Return #9 UK album charts

www.ukmastering.com

PT10.3.10 Mountain Lion HD6 accel Magma PE6R4 D Command 32 MacPro 12 Core 3.46ghz UAD-2 Octo x2. Manley Vari-Mu, Manley Massive Passive, SSL VHD, ADL600, Grove Tubes ViPre, Tube-Tech CL-1B. Hafler TRM active monitoring.