Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-06-2008, 04:47 AM

Default MacBook keyboard shortcuts

Hi All,
Anyone know how to 'nudge' a region on a MacBook keyboard without the extended numerical keypad? Also how to create a new marker without the 'enter' on the extended numerical keyboard? Is there a searchable database for MacBook PT keyboard shortcuts?

Thanks!
Judith
Old 02-06-2008, 10:52 AM

Default Re: MacBook keyboard shortcuts

Function [fn] + F6 [num lock] will turn your keyboard into a num pad. Just remember to turn it off again.
Old 02-06-2008, 02:32 PM

Have you considered USB number pad? They are cheap as chips and, with a USB extender, give you ghetto remote control of PT. I bought stickers to label it. Now I'm thinking of a bluetooth wireless number pad. Cool.
Old 02-06-2008, 05:57 PM

Thanks. Got it! Phew!
Old 02-06-2008, 05:59 PM

I have a USB numberic keypad and never thought to use it. duh....... Instead I've been hauling around a full keyboard. I've broken one putting into bags when I go to studios. Thanks so much for the suggestion. That's exactly what I'll do!
Old 02-07-2008, 12:33 PM

Some external 10 key pads don't work with modifier keys like COMMAND, ALT, etc...

So if you want to change your nudge value with ALT-COMMAND - or + on the keypad you are out of luck.

I bought one at Radio Shack and found it didn't work. They took it back thankfully. I'm not an account so it had little use otherwise.

Jt
Old 02-07-2008, 01:47 PM

get into keyboard focus then you can use the , comma and . period for nudge back and forth.
Old 02-07-2008, 05:58 PM

What's keyboard focus?
Old 02-08-2008, 09:01 AM

The little a...z button on the toolbar in the upper left, just above the timecode/measures rulers. Click that one and you can do many commands with single keys. It's great, trust me. I often do 100 edits at a time and never grab the mouse. (cutting voiceovers into small regions, getting rid of mistakes, etc...)

Jt
Old 12-26-2008, 02:30 PM

Hi, gang.

I'm new to the laptop world with PT. One of my favorite commands was to hit "=" on the right-hand number pad to call up a timecode number to locate & go to. It's also handy for de-selecting regions or selections and have playback continue, rather than stop or loop at the end of the selection. (I hit "=", then "Enter".)

I also would like to know how to get the rewind and fast-forward functions without the aforementioned number pad.

Perhaps, for future users, could someone post a good link for the keyboard shortcuts? It's evading me in my search on the digi site, for some reason.

Great thread, guys.

- James