Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-30-2010, 09:12 PM

Default If you have an Mbox 3 Pro, give us a review

Hearing about folks getting there units, but no reviews yet, come on, tell us what you think!
Old 11-30-2010, 09:20 PM

Default Re: If you have an Mbox 3 Pro, give us a review

http://www.gearslutz.com/board/so-mu...omparison.html
Old 12-01-2010, 03:05 PM

No, I want to hear about the Mbox 3 Pro, that only deals with the Mbox 3 and the Mbox 2 Pro.

MacPro 5.1 (12) Core (2009 MacPro 8 Core Upgraded to a 12 Core MacPro), 56 Gig Ram, SSD System & 3 - 2TB Drives, OSX 10.9.5, Windows 10 Via Bootcamp
Old 12-07-2010, 09:19 AM

This is the second Mbox 3 Pro I've received. Neither is working. Power problem ! Am I missing something ? See this thread :
http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?p...00#post1717200

K.
Old 12-07-2010, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by madcam View Post
This is the second Mbox 3 Pro I've received. Neither is working. Power problem ! Am I missing something ? See this thread :
http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?p...00#post1717200

K.
I received my Avid Mbox Pro. Since it came without an european power chord i refused to test it. I live in Spain, the distributor told me to buy a power chord, they would send me one after Christmas because they re very busy. I said NO. I think we ´re facing a big problem…
Old 12-07-2010, 12:16 PM

It seems the MBox3 Pro was only an apparition in September 2010, the year of our Lord...for what reason it was announced, I do not know.
Old 12-07-2010, 02:44 PM

I have one, got it last week just a couple of days before I had a session where I had to record acoustic guitars for a whole day.

I had the same problem with the power cord (I live in Denmark), but I went to the local hardware store, got a new plug, cutted the wire and installed my new plug.
I got the drivers from avid.com, installed them and plugged the FW cable in and turned the mbox on.

After a while I could see the mbox was done booting, and I launched the control panel to verify that it was connected correctly.

I started up PT 9 and opened an existing session, and hit play.
Nothing happened, and after a secund or so I got a dialog box on the screen.
Right now I don't remember the exact words, but something with the clock clock source and sample rate being wrong...
I tried quite a bit but nothing helped...
After some time "debugging" the problem, I found that I had to go to the mbox control panel, go to "setup" and chenge both clock source and sample race to something, and then checge them back to my prefered settings, and then it all worked. If I turn the power on the box I have to do this trick again to get it to work in PT. Maybe my box which have a fault, but for now I can live with it.

Ah well, now I got it to work in PT 9

I have three set of monitors I use when mixing, it took like ten minutes to set it op so I can use a button on the mbox to switch between all three of them :)

The next day I got some clients comming, a singer, two guitar players and a drummer. We spent most of the day recording acoustic guitars using a Røde NT5.
Compared to my old mbox 2 pro, this one just sound better, more "air" in the pre's and when recording the meters on the mbox is really great.
I did play a bit with the limiter, but did not use it on any actual recording, but can see it get very handy when recording vocals as they often sing louder and louder as they get through a session.

All in all I'm quite happy, it sounds GREAT and it gives me an easy way to handle up to three sets of monitors...
Old 12-08-2010, 08:52 AM

Two in a row that are not working...
Too much for me !
http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=288537&page=3