Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 11

Old 08-28-2013, 05:33 PM

Default List of short cut keys for PRO TOOLS 11?

I'd like to get as fast in pro tools as I am in Nuendo. Is there a list of short cut commands I can print out and memorize somewhere?
Old 08-28-2013, 05:36 PM

Question Re: List of short cut keys for PRO TOOLS 11?

Is there a list in the Help menu?
Old 08-28-2013, 06:49 PM

Default Re: List of short cut keys for PRO TOOLS 11?

Here are some resources. The first link is especially helpful!

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=pro+tools+shortcuts+list

http://archive.digidesign.com/suppor...0Shortcuts.pdf

http://en.wikiaudio.org/Pro_Tools:Ke...shortcuts_list

http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=311252

http://www.pro-tools-expert.com/home...shortcuts.html

-Justin
Old 08-28-2013, 10:25 PM

Not sure why Avid doesn't put this out. The first document that pops up on the google search (touche!) is the key commands for Pro Tools 6.9 for MAC. The second is Pro tools 6.0 for Mac. Not sure how relevant those are to me since I'm on PC on version 11. But most may still apply. Here is another one, but MAC only:

http://keycommands.info/

For other programs as well.
Old 08-29-2013, 01:26 AM

the .pdf manuals are installed with PT11, search you file system or Help in the file bar to find them. There is a dedicated shortcut .pdf

If you don't have the docs, down them here
http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/e...ductCategory=v

Windows 11 Pro | macOS 12
Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Youtube Channel - benonistudio
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 08-29-2013, 02:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshy View Post
I'd like to get as fast in pro tools as I am in Nuendo.
Me too . First then I will feel qualified to decide which way to go from now (so far I hate the new Nuendo Mixer and the new Control Room). Still on C6.5 and N5.5 in that camp.

I have used PT10 version in the waiting for a 64-bit PT. And now it is here, Pro Tools 11.
I have got some of the basics down, but want to be more efficient in Pro Tools.
I have also invested in a dedicated PT keyboard, to make the transition a bit easier (if/when).
Then after using the others for 12-13 years, I may switch camp.

I will check those links.

PS. I got kicked out/banned at the Steinberg forum by a "kiddie" moderator on the Cubase side, for a month.
The good thing is that I will have some more time in this forum, getting to know Pro Tools better.
Old 08-29-2013, 05:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bredo View Post
Me too . First then I will feel qualified to decide which way to go from now (so far I hate the new Nuendo Mixer and the new Control Room). Still on C6.5 and N5.5 in that camp.

I have used PT10 version in the waiting for a 64-bit PT. And now it is here, Pro Tools 11.
I have got some of the basics down, but want to be more efficient in Pro Tools.
I have also invested in a dedicated PT keyboard, to make the transition a bit easier (if/when).
Then after using the others for 12-13 years, I may switch camp.

I will check those links.

PS. I got kicked out/banned at the Steinberg forum by a "kiddie" moderator on the Cubase side, for a month.
The good thing is that I will have some more time in this forum, getting to know Pro Tools better.
A big thumbs up for the PT keyboards or stickers. These can help quite a bit. As noted there should be both a menus guide and a shortcuts guide off the main PT toolbar. There are also PDF's with this info included with the documentation.

Formerly Hobo Wan Kenobi

Core 2 Specs Page

ASUS P6T6 Revolution | i7 930 | 12GB OCZ DDR3 1600 7-7-7-20 | PTLE 10 | CPTK | 003 | Presonus D8 | 11Rack | Alesis AI3 | Presonus HP60 | Mercury + Studio Classics | Sound Toys | MasseyPack | Axiom61 | MAudio Keystation Pro 88
Old 08-29-2013, 09:06 AM

"Then after using the others for 12-13 years, I may switch camp." LOL I think it would be 14 years for me. I was kind of waiting for Pro Tools to have customizable key commands, but I just gave up... I know people say that with fixed commands you are able to "walk in and work anywhere" but you can do the same thing with Nuendo after loading up your key commands.
Old 08-31-2013, 01:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshy View Post
"Then after using the others for 12-13 years, I may switch camp." LOL I think it would be 14 years for me. I was kind of waiting for Pro Tools to have customizable key commands, but I just gave up... I know people say that with fixed commands you are able to "walk in and work anywhere" but you can do the same thing with Nuendo after loading up your key commands.
It may be 14 for me as well. Don't remember exactly.
Anyway, it started with Cubase SX1 and Nuendo 2 (after working in another studio with N1.5 or 1.6).
This came along as part of a crossgrade offer when Logic went MAC only.

The PT keyboard has been a good investment for my keyboard shortcut "memory muscle training".
I have no problem mixing in PT (a bit slower yet). The challenge is mostly on the editing side of things, and when recording "lots of takes and overdubs". Not completely up to "snuff" with the Playlist thing yet (not found "my way" yet I guess).

I'm a bit fed up by the Steinerg attitude at the moment, and feeling they are heading in another direction than my wishes/needs.
I feel they are giving away to much of the GUI changes (C7/N6) to the "iPad/touch screen generation", leaving us that remember how a real mixing desk/board and tape recorders look like behind (isn't it supposed to look like a mixer???).

This is also a reason I "lurk" around here, to pick a new trick/way of doing things along the way.
All my PT training, I have to do on my spare time. When the time is right I will set up a test recording/project (full band scenario) with some of my most faithful clients (a song for free or something).
Old 09-01-2013, 04:21 PM

Bought a keyboard cover to help me learn the short cuts. Also found the PDF in the Pro Tools folder with the list of short cuts. Thanks again to all!