Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 10-29-2004, 04:55 PM

Default Is Anyone Running Kontakt Successfully with PT 6.4

I just installed Kontakt and as I'm playing the piano sample which I must add is fantastic, kontakt all of a sudden stops and I hear click and pops instead of piano. Sometimes if I hit mute then un-mute, it will play again. Most of the time it quicks playing and even if I load a different sample (let's say a guitar) it won't play. I've downloaded and installed the updates. What gives?? Any ideas how I can get this to work? I hope there's a solution because I cannot return this since I already opened the package and registered it. I had to register it in order to download the updates. This is bugging the living [bleep] outta me! Someone please help shed some light on this.

PS - Don't forget to vote!
Old 10-29-2004, 11:53 PM

Default Re: Is Anyone Running Kontakt Successfully with PT 6.4

It is obvious that some people are having major problems. But Kontakt is working very well for me. I have the latest version on a dual 1.33 G4, and the basics work very well these days (not so well when it was first released). I've noticed a few bugs with the beat slicing and a very few conversion headaches, but for the most part I am very happy. I've not been so lucky with Battery, which will lose sound output (works fine as a AU plug-in in Logic).

STeve
Old 10-30-2004, 04:09 AM

Running great for me, just have the latest version.

regards
Scotsman
Old 10-30-2004, 10:24 PM

Please share with the rest of us. How did you get it to work. Seems like it's maxing out the cpu and I'm on a G4 1.25ghz DP. Do I need a G5 for this program?
Old 10-31-2004, 01:54 AM

Hi,

to use Kontakt first you need enough RAM, with OSX at least 1.5 to 2 GB. Also, if you want to use DFD, you should have an extra Harddisk for the samples and these should not be fragmented on the extra disk.
You also should notice the difference in using HTDM and RTAS versions. I prefer RTAS, you have zero latency and also you can watch how much CPU usage you use in the digi system usage window. The CPU usage limit shoulkd be also set very high with RTAS, I have mine on 90%. But whe you use HTDM it is the opposite way around. I have to admitt that I work on a G5, but these things will probably the same on a G4.
I needed to do a lot of investigations to find all this out. Hope that helps to get it to work.

best from germany

Hanz Marathon
Old 10-31-2004, 11:59 AM

Well I have 2GB of Ram, my CPU Usage is set to 99% (I have dual processor) and I'm using DSD. The samples are on a separate hard drive from my OS. It seems like it only happens during the piano patch, which is around 200+MB. My only issue is, the piano is the reason I bought Kontakt and if I can't use it with my system, then I hope I can get a refund or at least transfer ownership so I can sell it at a loss. But a loss of $50.00 is much better than a $350.00 loss. Oh well, I'll call NI tomorrow and see if they can help me out.

Johnny