Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 9

Old 08-17-2011, 10:57 AM

Default Pro tools 9 Authorization

Hello, I'm a newbie in pro tools.
After installing pro tools 9 and inserting the ilok dongle (when there's no internet connection) this error appears:

Error, missing iLok authorization for "Pro Tools 9" Please insert the necessary iLok to continue" but when the internet is on, pro tools runs OK.

Is an internet connection a must to run or authorize pro tools ?
meaning I cannot run pro tools while I'm offline

Thanks in advance.
Old 08-17-2011, 04:14 PM

Default Re: Pro tools 9 Authorization

First you need to get Authorization placed onto your iLok, which you do need to be connected to internet to do.

Once Authorization is on iLok, you only need to have it plugged into your computer to run Pro Tools and you do not need to be connected to internet.

1. Download and install Client Software & Driver for iLok (I usually have the iLok unplugged when installing these then reboot with it plugged in);
http://www.ilok.com/download-ilok-software.html

2. setup an iLok Account;
https://www.ilok.com/cgi-bin/WebObje...okManager.woa/

3. If you haven't already got an Avid Account, create one (This is where you activate an order to send your Authorization to iLok site);
https://account.avid.com/index.cfm?acmaction=logout

Step 3. is the procedure for product bought from Avid Online Store, the method of getting Authorizarion to iLok Account may be different if product was bought in the box from a retailer. Check documentation that came with the purchase if this is the case.

In any instance though, you will need to carry out steps 1& 2.

Once Authorization has been placed into iLok account, Login with iLok plugged into computer and follow instructions to 'Synchronize' your iLok. Once this is done you have Authorization on your iLok and your good to go with using PT9 anytime and on any computer with PT9 installed and your iLok plugged into.

Remember to keep your iLok safe as they are easy to lose if you are carrying them around using them at different locations.

Gigabyte X99 SOC Force Mobo Bios vF6d
Intel Core i7 5930k socket 2011 v3 @ 3.50GHz
32GB DDR4 Crucial RAM
System: Samsung M.2NVME SSD 960 Evo
Record: Samsung M.2NVME SSD 960 Evo
Samples: Samsung SATAlll SSD 840 Pro
Storage: 2x Samsung SATAlll SSD 840 Pro
EVGA GeForce GTX 750 Graphics
PT 11HD (v11.2.1) Omni s/pdif w Eleven Rack
HD 96I/O
Win 8.1 Pro
Old 08-17-2011, 04:41 PM

Default Re: Pro tools 9 Authorization

the problem was solved
I spent so much time until i found that The problem was caused from hotspot shield software, After removing hotspot, pro tools could run without internet connection. i think hotspot was block or reserving some ports.

Thanks zedhed for your help