Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-02-2009, 02:00 PM

Default SYSTEM HANG on "Installing Digidesign hardware drivers"

I used the 8.1 upgrade and it hung on "Installing Digidesign hardware" to the point where I forcibly terminated the install. I used Windows to remove Pro Tools LE 8.0 as it would no longer load. I went to uninstall/reinstall 8.0 and it still hangs on "Installing Digidesign hardware." SO, I tried installing 7.4, still hangs on "Installing Digidesign hardware." Now, on top of that, I cannot uninstall 7.4 because it tells me there is another version on the system that must be removed first. I use REVO Uninstaller to force the uninstall of 7.4. BUT, it still hangs no matter what version I try to install. It is currently hung on an 8.0 reinstall. Unless anyone has any answers I might just be screwed.

I am completely stranded.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

- Casey
Old 10-02-2009, 02:23 PM

Default Re: SYSTEM HANG on "Installing Digidesign hardware drivers"

Inadvertently "upgrade" to Internet Explorer 8 lately?
Old 10-02-2009, 02:34 PM

No, I don't even use Internet Explorer. Why, is there something I should look for there?
Old 10-02-2009, 03:03 PM

VERY well documented that IE 8 breaks Pro Tools, and a host of OTHER programs as well. Whether or not you actually USE it matters not, if it's installed (which it can do if your auto updates are turned on) it WILL cause you problems.
That being said, we know nothing about your system. Please read the "help us help you" thread at the top of the forum and post a system report. At least let us know what OS and what interface, but to truly be of any help, we need a system report.
Old 10-02-2009, 03:13 PM

Hmmm. It is just Windows XP Pro 2.4ghz dual core. Never had any problems with Pro Tools I couldn't fix before. I turned auto updates off as soon as I got the machine but I suppose that doesn't mean the AVG toolbar could have updated it? I suppose I should uninstall it and check it out.

Any other ideas?
Old 10-02-2009, 03:16 PM

That was weird. I closed "setup.exe" in the task manager to shut it down and it returned "Digidesign Error Device =1" and skipped right forward to "installing Digirack Plug-ins."

Gonna terminate this thing and uinstall explorer and check it out.
Old 10-02-2009, 03:27 PM

Well, there is no way that I can see to uninstall Internet Explorer. Anyone know how?
Old 10-02-2009, 03:46 PM

SOLVED!

I, he says idiotically, disconnected all my peripherals from the computer except the Digi 002 rack and everything installed.

Thanks for the attention everyone!

Now let's try that 8.1 upgrade again.
Old 10-02-2009, 04:15 PM

Yep it all works. Thanks for pointing me to "help us help you" because that is what triggered my mind into realizing I needed to disconnect all my unnecessary peripherals.

Thanks again.