How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2020
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-10-2020, 02:13 AM

Default Pro tools hangs on close

Hey everyone,

I have a new surface pro 6 (Intel i7, 16Gb RAM, Windows Home 64bit), and have installed pro tools 2020.3 with their default plugins only.

I have a Zoom UAC-2 USB3.0 hardware interface that i have used on my previous surface with pro tools 10 with no issues.

When the interface is connected, it works fine in pro tools, however when i close the session or protools itself then it hangs and cannot be closed. I cant even close it via the task manager unless i turn off the Zoom device.

My assumption is that something is getting locked but i cannot figure out how to resolve the issue.

Things i have tried:
  • Ensuring pro tools runs as administrator
  • Setting windows to use internal sound card so pro tools can use the Zoom one
  • i've tried setting the Zoom sound device to allow to be locked by applications and not locked - no difference
  • Deleted pro tools preferences
If i run pro tools on ASIO4ALL then the problem is resovled and it closes fine without crashing - although can't actually get any sound out but thats a different problem.

If anyone has any more suggestions the it would be appreciated

Thanks
Old 04-10-2020, 07:19 AM

Default Re: Pro tools hangs on close

I have spent the last few hours trying numerous different configs and not getting anywhere.

To prevent the Zoom device being shared i have turned off system sounds so nothing should be using the device other than pro tools.

It still hangs on close, and cannot have the process killed unless i turn off the zoom device first.

weird and annoying.
Old 04-10-2020, 10:22 AM

zoom drivers And firmware up to date?
Class compliant switch make a difference on off?
Bus powered or powered unit?

https://www.zoom.co.jp/products/audi...udio-converter
Old 04-11-2020, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dobes View Post
Hey everyone,

I have a new surface pro 6 (Intel i7, 16Gb RAM, Windows Home 64bit), and have installed pro tools 2020.3 with their default plugins only.

I have a Zoom UAC-2 USB3.0 hardware interface that i have used on my previous surface with pro tools 10 with no issues.

When the interface is connected, it works fine in pro tools, however when i close the session or protools itself then it hangs and cannot be closed. I cant even close it via the task manager unless i turn off the Zoom device.

My assumption is that something is getting locked but i cannot figure out how to resolve the issue.

Things i have tried:
  • Ensuring pro tools runs as administrator
  • Setting windows to use internal sound card so pro tools can use the Zoom one
  • i've tried setting the Zoom sound device to allow to be locked by applications and not locked - no difference
  • Deleted pro tools preferences
If i run pro tools on ASIO4ALL then the problem is resovled and it closes fine without crashing - although can't actually get any sound out but thats a different problem.

If anyone has any more suggestions the it would be appreciated

Thanks
I had a similar problem when I first installed 2020. I solved it by uninstalling, cleaning up and re-installing. I had previously just uninstalled 2019 and installed 2020, without cleaning the remnants of 2019.