How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-06-2019, 05:30 AM

Default Intr track not dominant track

Keyboard triggering wrong tracks.

So yesterday I recorded some midi keyboard on an instrument track which was playing fine until I reopened it today to record new midi content, enable the record button and nothing. It defaults to ONLY the tracks I have EZ Drummer routed to. It seems that I have EZ Drummer 2 routed to tracks 2-12 and everytime I try to play (Codex) through another track it only will play the EZ Drummer pieces. I have tried all the normal stuff, restart, create another track, move midi to another track, create a new midi track etc. Nothing is working. In fact when I try to play what I recorded yesterday nothing is heard except the EZ Drummer 2 pieces. I know midi is only commands, I inserted Codex as a plug in to play through. (I've even tried other instruments and nothing) So I came here and hope that someone can help. This happens from time to time and I usually end up scraping the midi stuff but it's driving me nuts because it was working fine and now nothing I do ever brings it back to working. If I start a new project, and as long as I do not introduce another midi object (EZ Drummer, other plug ins) it will work in the new project.

I am using Protools 12.5.2 in Windows 10, Focusrite 18i20 interface and other than this I never have a routing issue like this and again from time to time this happens with no solution other than scraping the tracks I want to record. HELP!!! Please

Last edited by d02457219; 01-06-2019 at 05:46 AM.
Old 01-06-2019, 06:12 AM

Default Re: Intr track not dominant track

Well this is very strange. Well by setting Default Thru Instrument I can play the keyboard track instead of EZ Drummer tracks but if I click record it defaults back to EZ Drummer tracks (pieces, kick, snare etc).........I have no idea what is actually going on that is rerouting the keyboard midi signal. I have set everything exactrly like another project I have but it isn't working on this one....stange
Old 01-06-2019, 09:08 AM

Default Re: Intr track not dominant track

Don’t know if this will help, but sometimes I run into similar MIDI problems, such as a previously working instrument track won’t play when I re-open a session. The instrument track could be grayed out or not. If I simply duplicate the naughty MIDI track, the new one will begin working, then I delete the non-working track.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro