Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 11

Old 11-18-2011, 07:36 PM

Default Pro Tools 11 will NOT support RTAS plugins!

To all Pro Tool users here,

I've been reading more and more people saying things like this,

"Was talking with with an engineer friend about how Pro Tools 11 will not support RTAS plugins. He said we should Occupy Avid. Hilarious!"

Avid with all due respect, please dont make the mistake thinking you're too big for ALL of us Pro Tools users combined and give us the shaft just to take and take more money?

Take a look at WALL STREET protesters around the U.S. ... spells DOOM for you know who! IMHO...

And please don't delete this post Avid forum police 'cause you would like to silence the truth!

Come on Avid fess up and let every one here know what you're really going to do once and for all, please...
Old 11-18-2011, 08:08 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools 11 will NOT support RTAS plugins!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanrock View Post
Take a look at WALL STREET protesters around the U.S. ... spells DOOM for you know who!
What a crock, if the Wall Street protesters had any balls, they'd back themselves in an Election. And even if the next major Pro Tools release drops RTAS support, so what?! Like an Election, if you don't like a Party, don't vote for that Party. No one is forcing you but the rest of us want to move forward. No protesting is going to stop that.
Old 11-18-2011, 08:16 PM

Wink Re: Pro Tools 11 will NOT support RTAS plugins!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by filosofem View Post
What a crock, if the Wall Street protesters had any balls, they'd back themselves in an Election. And even if the next major Pro Tools release drops RTAS support, so what?! Like an Election, if you don't like a Party, don't vote for that Party. No one is forcing you but the rest of us want to move forward. No protesting is going to stop that.
First of all. Is there an election going on right now?

And who are you to condem people for standing up to corporate GREED? Do you want to see our country go broke? Sounds like you could care less, you must be rich, or just plain silly...

Of course we ALL want to go forward. I dont disagree with this notion at all.

The point is some of us dont have a lot of money at the drop of a dime to go out and buy all new AXX plugins we'll be out of luck unless the companys we already bought our RTAS plugins from provide some kind of patch, or theres an RTAS converter to AXX. Yes slowly but surely we can all catch up when we have extra money.

By the way CAN you please tell explain to us all here how AXX plugins are moving us all forward? Are they gonna sound better than RTAS plugins? Or is it just another way for Avid to make more money off us? I want to hear you back your claim how this post is a crock and AXX plugings are moving us forward, 'cause if you can prove they truly will move us all forward 'cause they sound SO much better then I'm all in!

Last edited by DigiTechSupt; 11-22-2011 at 10:10 AM. Reason: Please see the Forum terms of Use.
Old 11-18-2011, 08:33 PM

Quote:
And who are you to condem people for standing up to corporate GREED?
Who are these protesters to occupy public space and restrict the rights of other members of society rightfully going about their own business? These protesters have democratic rights like the rest of us, how about they use them, like the rest of us do. What makes them so special? A part from the obvious.

So, a third party developers labour converting RTAS to AAX should be free, no?
Old 11-18-2011, 08:35 PM

Real Time Audio Suite was flawed from day 1
Good riddance to bad code

"Fly High Freeee click psst tic tic tic click Bird Yeah!" - dave911

Thank you,

Craig
Old 11-18-2011, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by filosofem View Post
Who are these protesters to occupy public space and restrict the rights of other members of society rightfully going about their own business? These protesters have democratic rights like the rest of us, how about they use them, like the rest of us do. What makes them so special? A part from the obvious.

So, a third party developers labour converting RTAS to AAX should be free, no?
I NEVER said I wouldn't pay for an RTAS converter.

Looks like you don't know what founded our country. It's STANDING up for what is RIGHT and JUST. I'm not here to debate the protest, but I will make this point. It's one thing to make money fair and square. It's another thing when you bail out companys with BILLIONS of all of OUR hard earned tax dollars and then these same companies in return give MILLION dollar BONUSES to their emplyees when they havent PAID back what they borrowed from us!!!
Old 11-18-2011, 08:39 PM

Indeed! Sometimes you can't reach the future without letting go of the past(or is the pasture?)

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 11-18-2011, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig F View Post
Real Time Audio Suite was flawed from day 1
Good riddance to bad code
Are you saying AXX will perform, and sound better? This is all that truly matters IMO...
Old 11-18-2011, 08:43 PM

From Albee

The cool thing about digital is; there's 4 ways to do everything. The bad thing about digital is; there's 4 ways to...........

Albee I love you bro, but this saying of yours is gettin a little old...
Old 11-18-2011, 08:47 PM

Quote:
I NEVER said I wouldn't pay for an RTAS converter.
I just wanted to know if you wanted something for nothing.

Quote:
It's another thing when you bail out companys with BILLIONS of all of OUR hard earned tax dollars and then the same companies in return give MILLION dollar BONUSES to their emplyees when they havent PAID back what they borrowed from us!!!
...and parking bottom in a public place with a tent is going to change what? Sure we don't like injustice in this world but injustice is happening all over the world. What about those poor starving people in Africa, what are you doing for them? If you want to make real change you need to change the minds of the people you want to vote for you.