How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-11-2017, 03:31 AM

Default Tracks out of sync AFTER recording

Hi guys,

I have this crazy problem with my Pro Tools station at the moment. Yesterday I recorded a drummer. There were ten drum tracks coming from the live room to the control room. On these tracks, in my PT mixer, I added sends back to the live room to control individual levels for the drummer's headphones. When recording, everything sounded fine. No latency problems at all. I'm using a 128 samples buffer. The drummer played spot on the click and everything sounded great.

However, when listening to the tracks AFTER the recording is done, and after I remove the sends from the tracks because the headphone feed is no longer necessary, the drum tracks seem to be off grid, as if they were moved slightly to the left in the edit window. How is this possible? All sends were set to PRE fader, of course. There are no plugins at all in the session that could provide any latency (or latency compensation for that matter). My system:

Pro Tools 12.5
Mac Mini 2.6GHz
OSX Sierra
Apogee Ensemble

Any help would be very welcome. In this session it is not really a big problem because I'm going to use the drums as the "new" click track and record everything else again, but when dubbing stuff in the future this could be a really big problem!