How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-23-2017, 08:45 AM

Default Another iLok victim.

iLok stays in usb2 port of my 2011 17" MacBook Pro. I'm in the middle of new rehearsals for Beauty and the Beast Jr. at school, and numerous jazz fusion projects on my time. In the middle of a session, 1AM, iLok 2 starts flashing, Pro Tools wigs out, and I can't work. Case # assigned, support hours are M-F. This totally and completely sucks. So far, I'm out $70 plus the cost of an additional $30 for ZDT For my iLok 3, which I'll need if and when temporary licenses come.
I NEVER had a good feeling about iLok. Let's say temporary licenses come Monday. I have rehearsals with these talented children on Tuesday. I have no time to play computer tech on Monday or Tues.

What is even more disconcerting, is that the behavior of the iLok is so well known, they have numerous step by steps. Known issues. never communicated to me. So folks, here you go:

"iLok 2 was working perfectly. "Suddenly,without warning, mid session, blue light goes out. Pro Tools shuts down. Reinsert iLok 2, blue light on sometimes. Sometimes blue light flashes. Sometimes not on at all. Even when blue light is on, and iLok 2 shows up in iLok License Manager, Pro Tools won't open. Message received that iLok 2 is not receiving USB power, but USB ports checked and functioning properly."

Then:

"Upon further investigation, iLok is broken. Did all the trouble shooting as described. Usb 2 ports function normally. I need to use Pro Tools ASAP. I am running rehearsals at school, and use Pro Tools extensively to rehearse soloists and ensembles. Thank you so much for your prompt attention!!"

So, as an iLok user, you can expect:
"Suddenly, without warning, mid session, blue light goes out."

And they know about it!!!