Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-28-2012, 08:54 AM

Default Pro Tools 10.2 crash Kontakt 5 player Mountain Lion

I recently updated to Mountain Lion and everything seems to be working fine except the Kontakt 5 player plugin.
The standalone Kontakt 5 player works fine but Pro Tools crashes the moment I load the plugin but it was working fine on OSX 10.7

Anyone has it running or what I can do besides waiting for patches/updates?
Old 07-28-2012, 09:34 AM

Have you tried reinstalling K5?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I am the main songwriter/performer for Midwest Whitetail, Cabela's Deer Nation, Spring Thunder, and Northern Waters Series!
Old 07-28-2012, 12:39 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools 10.2 crash Kontakt 5 player Mountain Lion

Reinstalling doesn't fix it, still crashing.
Old 07-28-2012, 01:14 PM

Fixed:

Deleting the standalone application of Kontakt fixes the problem.
(Unless you need them both as rtas and standalone of course)
Old 07-28-2012, 01:27 PM

That's a bummer. I will be away from the studio for a week but I will ask around. I am holding off on ML for the reasons folks ate having! U may need to do the usual delete press, etc. I will check with Kontakt in the meantime.

I am the main songwriter/performer for Midwest Whitetail, Cabela's Deer Nation, Spring Thunder, and Northern Waters Series!
Old 07-28-2012, 01:28 PM

Awesome. I am glad u got that figured out. Do u notice a big difference in ML?

Old 07-28-2012, 02:49 PM

Just FYI, what it appears to me to be is a problem with Kontakt Memory Server. If I have it set on the plugin version of Kontakt, 10.2 won't launch, will quit out. Solution is to delete the com.nativeinstruments.com.Kontakt pref file (whatever it's called) from your user folder. PT launches fine after that, and just don't turn on the memory server.

Had to set it off in the stand alone as well, maybe that's why deleting the stand alone worked.

But for anyone else, try just deleting the pref file, and relaunch. PT and Kontakt should work as long as you don't turn on the memory server. That seems to be where the errors lie, at least for me!

Otherwise, 10.2 and 10.8 are getting along fine together here.
Old 07-28-2012, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimNielsen View Post
Just FYI, what it appears to me to be is a problem with Kontakt Memory Server. If I have it set on the plugin version of Kontakt, 10.2 won't launch, will quit out. Solution is to delete the com.nativeinstruments.com.Kontakt pref file (whatever it's called) from your user folder. PT launches fine after that, and just don't turn on the memory server.

Had to set it off in the stand alone as well, maybe that's why deleting the stand alone worked.

But for anyone else, try just deleting the pref file, and relaunch. PT and Kontakt should work as long as you don't turn on the memory server. That seems to be where the errors lie, at least for me!

This may be a dumb question, but were in kontakt 5 do i find the settings
for the memory sever?
Old 07-28-2012, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jryser View Post
Awesome. I am glad u got that figured out. Do u notice a big difference in ML?
Small improvements, nothing major, it was already running blazingly fast on lion with my new macbook retina, 16gb ram and ssd.

Quote:

Will try that.
Old 07-28-2012, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimNielsen View Post

I've reinstalled and tried deleting the file you said (/Users/.../Library/Preferences/com.native-instruments.Kontakt 5.plist)
but it still results in a crash in pro tools.

Quote:
This may be a dumb question, but were in kontakt 5 do i find the settings
for the memory sever?
Top center in Kontakt, the cogwheel 'Options', left tab 'Memory'