Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-19-2016, 05:23 PM
bowlingotter

Default Re: What the heck is this? "Assertion in... Line 1045"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
Did you try trashing prefs and importing content into a new session? The assert looks fairly session/audio file specific so session corruption is the obvious suspect, and if it's only happening on one of your sessions... that too. Make sure all your media plays OK is an external player. If none of that works then contact Avid support, they should be able track down the meaning of the assert fairly quickly if they are motivated.
I was able to fix it by importing one track at a time into a session until I found the offending track. Worked fine for a while, now it's happening again WITHOUT that original track and I have do this troubleshooting all over again. Extremely frustrating.
Old 06-20-2016, 02:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowlingotter View Post
I was able to fix it by importing one track at a time into a session until I found the offending track. Worked fine for a while, now it's happening again WITHOUT that original track and I have do this troubleshooting all over again. Extremely frustrating.
But did you trash prefs and databases like asked to? Also try moving any third party plugins to the unused folder (with PT shut down) and see how that works.

QAPLA!
Old 06-20-2016, 07:53 PM
bowlingotter

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
But did you trash prefs and databases like asked to? Also try moving any third party plugins to the unused folder (with PT shut down) and see how that works.
Yes my first reaction was to trash preferences and databases, and I routinely move plugins to Unused that I've unconsciously replaced. Unfortunately, neither helped, so that's how I found my way to the forums.
Old 08-22-2016, 05:57 PM

Hello everyone. Im having the same problem as Pedro Perez.

Iv did trashed the pref just like user YYR123 said, at the Sweetwater link. But it didint worked out. Im editing 3 films at the same time. Started the work with OMF files Everything was doing ok. Only having trouble with this particular session. Its strange because it was working fine for 2 weeks and suddently im having this issue. One thing that happened with this session in particular, was that in the begging, with the OMF file, I got some errors and had to ask for different OMF's files to the image editor. But after some trys, it went OK.

I have the following system with my mac:

Pro Tools 12.4.0
Focusrit Scarlet 2i2
Yamaha HS5
OS X Yosemite v10.10.5
MacBook Pro (Retina 15 inch - 2014)
processor: 2.8 Ghz Inter Core i7
16GB 1600 Mhz DDr3
Old 08-23-2016, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guifarkas View Post
Hello everyone. Im having the same problem as Pedro Perez.

Iv did trashed the pref just like user YYR123 said, at the Sweetwater link. But it didint worked out. Im editing 3 films at the same time. Started the work with OMF files Everything was doing ok. Only having trouble with this particular session. Its strange because it was working fine for 2 weeks and suddently im having this issue. One thing that happened with this session in particular, was that in the begging, with the OMF file, I got some errors and had to ask for different OMF's files to the image editor. But after some trys, it went OK.

I have the following system with my mac:

Pro Tools 12.4.0
Focusrit Scarlet 2i2
Yamaha HS5
OS X Yosemite v10.10.5
MacBook Pro (Retina 15 inch - 2014)
processor: 2.8 Ghz Inter Core i7
16GB 1600 Mhz DDr3

Sure seems like just a corrupted session. The error message is shouting that pretty loudly. But you have not done any of the usual troubleshooting for a corrupted session? Right? bowlingotter posted above that he followed suggestion to look for what is causing the problem and found an offending track.

Trashing prefs helps solve lots of problems, but it won't address a corrupt session, if that is what you have. You have to spend the time and try to find what is broken in that session and get around the problem. Start by trying Save Session In and if that does not work or try import into a new session. etc. Make sure you have full backups of your session. Rolling back to a session backup from before the problem should also be an option. I would try those first and if you can't get a stable session then contact Avid support.
Old 08-23-2016, 04:23 PM

Also, move the project to a different drive, disconnect the current drive, and see if that helps.

----------------------------------------
Mac Studio / Ventura, PT 2023.12.HDX, Avid HD I/Os and Metric Halo ULN8, 3xS1/Dock
Also running a Mac Studio Ultra / Ventura / HDX / MTRX / S6
Old 10-05-2016, 05:31 AM

I am having the same issue today with a session that was working fine. Looking in finder, some of the WAV and AIFF files have been replaced with FOLDERS!! What? Anyway it's just a few tracks, and I can import session data but now I have lost a lot of work. Anyone else seen this in the audio files folder?

Hackintosh: MacOS Catalina, i7 6700k, 32GB RAM, RX580
Pro Tools Studio, RME RayDAT PCIe
http://www.liamgaughan.com
Old 10-06-2016, 12:55 PM

Do You guys have Frozen tracks in your sessions?

Mac Pro 3.7 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon E5
32gig ram
PT HD 12 with D-Command 24
Apogee Ensamble Thunderbolt
UAD2 Octo x2
Old 10-17-2016, 03:09 PM
bowlingotter

Quote:
Originally Posted by electrowerks View Post
Do You guys have Frozen tracks in your sessions?
No frozen tracks.

I just had another session do this to me today, this time with "line 1100." This is getting pretty frustrating.
Old 10-17-2016, 03:21 PM
bowlingotter

Just had to go through the same song and dance, create a new session and then import the tracks one at a time until I found the one that PT didn't like.

Wish I had half a clue if there's something I'm doing that is causing this to happen.