System Specs
- Mac OS 10.14 Beta (18A371a)
- PROCESSOR: 3 Ghz Intel Core i7
- MEMORY: 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
- GRAPHICS: Intel HD Graphics 4000 1536 MB
- Pro Tools 11.3.2
- (Attempted Setup) Steinberg UR22 MkII

The Problem
Since installing drivers in an effort to setup my new Steinberg UR22MKii interface, I have lost incoming audio signal into Pro Tools. The device is recognized, it shows up in Mac System Preferences and is properly named in PT, System Prefs and Audio Midi Setup automatically, and it shows up as "online" which indicates that the drivers are doing their job. What's particularly strange now is that Pro Tools will not register incoming audio from anything, including my Built-In Mic. However, it plays sound wherever I tell it to play from Pro Tools (Steinberg, Soundflower, and Built-In Output). Below is my trouble shooting process...

Trouble Shooting
- I have Verifed proper playback engine selection within PT.
- I have verified proper I/O Configuration (even deleting ins, outs, busses, and inserts and replacing with "default").
- I Verified proper configuration within Mac System Preferences
- I've Included the Steinberg as a part of the ProTools Aggregate I/O, and reverified the Playback Engine was set to PT Aggregate I/O and defaulted all I/O paths once again.
- I have verified that the Steinberg UR22MKii registers incoming audio signal in System Preferences/Sound (the level meter registers sound)
- Additionally, I was able to verify incoming audio signal in Garage Band, no issues.
- I have since uninstalled the Steinberg drivers via their uninstall tool, I then reconfigured the playback device to built-in (along with I/Os, Inputs on the tracks, etc.) and retested to see if the built-in mic worked in PT. No luck.
- I removed and reinstalled PT and once again, went through all reconfig for proper pathway for the simple built-in mic and again, no luck.

And yes, I have repeatedly checked the "armed" functions and toggled Auto-Input monitoring. It will not record any signal in PT either. Once again, Garage Band records like a champ with whatever I want. Also, yes, I'm running a Beta OS, which can be dicey, but PT has had no problems for several months of running it now so I'm not inclined to think it's the OS. Especially since this is isolated to PT and nothing else.

At this point ready to send the Steinberg back but since I can't get anything to provide an audio level in Pro Tools, I'm basically stuck with only mixing on this machine at this point.

Can anyone help me? I appreciate your time and thought to help me resolve this.
Old 08-24-2018, 12:19 PM

Default Re: Problem: Pro Tools does not register any incoming audio

So the answer is not the interface but your version of PT. You have two options: either backdate your OSX install to OSX 10.10.5 or get back on the Avid train to PT2018. And even then Mojave support ain't happening.

Oh yeah before you ask - all development on PT11 has stopped and there will be no upgrades to make it compatible with current OSX versions.

edit for additional:
I don't even know how you got PT11 to install on Mojave. Unless you did an in-situ 'upgrade' to Mojave from whatever OSX you had on the computer. In-situ upgrades can cause all kinds of havoc just like you're having now.

QAPLA!
Old 08-24-2018, 07:17 PM

Jack,

Thank you for the quick response. I'll get started on that and let everyone know how it goes.

I appreciate the time you took to read and respond.

- BJDeitz
Old 08-25-2018, 04:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJDeitz View Post
Jack,

Thank you for the quick response. I'll get started on that and let everyone know how it goes.

I appreciate the time you took to read and respond.

- BJDeitz
Hope you get things straightened out.

FWIW I seem to remember I had a paragraph at the beginning of my reply that talked about the answer is right at the top of your post about trying to run a non-compatible combo of PT11.3.2 and OSX Mojave. Also referred to the compatibility page at http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/e...tibility-Chart
I then detailed a bunch of stuff about PT support for Mojave. If I'm right it appears that somebody/someone edited my post.

QAPLA!
Old 10-25-2018, 11:54 AM

Did you ever find a solution to this problem? I'm having the exact same issue. Tried absolutely everything and still there is no incoming signal. I'm baffled. One second it was working fine and then the next it just stopped receiving. Any tips would be massively appreciated as it's been 5 days and I feel as though I've exhausted every option other than to backdate my OS!
Old 10-25-2018, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trojanrailroad View Post
Did you ever find a solution to this problem? I'm having the exact same issue. Tried absolutely everything and still there is no incoming signal. I'm baffled. One second it was working fine and then the next it just stopped receiving. Any tips would be massively appreciated as it's been 5 days and I feel as though I've exhausted every option other than to backdate my OS!
Backdating OSX is your only way out assuming you can backdate. Mojave isn't yet qualified for any version of PT.

QAPLA!
Old 04-10-2020, 12:58 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools 11 on Mojave does not register any incoming audio

PT11 works up to high sierra 10.13.4 at least, with the one issue of audio import only working via click and drag, not the "audio import" option in the menu.
Old 05-19-2020, 11:14 AM

I'm wondering if anyone else is able to run PT 11.3.2 on Mojave. Mine stalls at plugin scan, and Avid says no, but I have friends running it. Anyone else ?
Old 05-19-2020, 11:39 AM

I would not even try, Mojave compatibility came with 2019.5 release. Compatibility info here.