Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 10

Old 06-01-2012, 06:17 AM

Default Insert measure -> move tempo-bpm etc.

Dears all
i guess is a very stupid question but i found that difficoult to understand so i need your help :
Please : in wich way is possible to :
1) insert measure/s getting all the events such tempo bpm etc following the insertion.
2) at the same time getting the midi data split or not ( is pt asking ?)
3) It's possible to split midi data like the audio "regions" ? I am in clips view just placing the cursor in the mid of a midi note (separate clip) but i get the "region" separated and the midi note still in the same place.
Thanks in advance.
Old 06-01-2012, 06:35 AM

Default Re: Insert measure -> move tempo-bpm etc.

....guess Insert Time , but if i have midi long mid event data that are moved and not split ........
Old 06-01-2012, 10:05 AM

If i set in arrange view clips for midi tracks if i make Separate Clip it not affecting the midi data in to the track it just separete the region "dress".......
It's a bug ? Maybe i miss something ?
Thanks
Old 06-01-2012, 12:40 PM

You can treat the Midi data like you do an audio track by selecting the Midi track to look at "Blocks" (The same drop down menu you select to see the volume, pan, trim, etc)... this will allow you to separate drag and move an entire region of MIDI, etc...
Old 06-01-2012, 01:12 PM

If there is a long MIDI note that starts before the break in the region, the note will not separate in the way that audio does. Separating the MIDI clip will result in the long MIDI note extending outside of the MIDI clip. Splitting the MIDI note would require a new trigger of the note, which is different than sustaining the note. If you want that note to sustain through the time you've inserted, the you will have to extend the note in the MIDI editor window. Or, if you want the note to start again at the end of the inserted time (i.e. the second part of the clip you've split) you will have to add a new note trigger in the MIDI editor window.
BTW this is not a bug. It is expected behavior.
Old 06-01-2012, 10:35 PM

Thanks.