How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-28-2016, 10:35 AM

Default Pro Tools and Maschine latency problems

Hi guys,
I have a latency problem with pro tools 12.5 and „maschine“ from native instruments.

The thing is, if pro tools generates the delay compensation while using differnet plugins, I have a latency on the pads.

If there are plugins which create a big delay compensation, it’s impossible to play the pads to the music. I mean this makes the whole controller senseless.
It is not the problem, that the internal maschine sequenzer is not synced to pro tools, I got that fixed with the workaround from the net.

I was in email- contact with the native instruments guys and even talked to the support on the phone, but all the support guy could say is, that I should start working without using plugins in the beginning and load the plugs, when I finished all the maschine programming… seriously? He also said, that this is more an avid, than a native instruments problem. I don’t know how I should think of that statement. I mean there is a aax/mac version available, so it’s definitively for pro tools on a mac and the basics don’t work??? I don’t want to believe it.

Is anybody out there who works with pro tools and maschine without this problem? I would be really happy if someone could give me a solution for this problem.

Thanks,
Kolja
Old 04-28-2016, 12:11 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools and Maschine latency problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2_Tone View Post
Hi guys,
I have a latency problem with pro tools 12.5 and „maschine“ from native instruments.

The thing is, if pro tools generates the delay compensation while using differnet plugins, I have a latency on the pads.

If there are plugins which create a big delay compensation, it’s impossible to play the pads to the music. I mean this makes the whole controller senseless.
It is not the problem, that the internal maschine sequenzer is not synced to pro tools, I got that fixed with the workaround from the net.

I was in email- contact with the native instruments guys and even talked to the support on the phone, but all the support guy could say is, that I should start working without using plugins in the beginning and load the plugs, when I finished all the maschine programming… seriously? He also said, that this is more an avid, than a native instruments problem. I don’t know how I should think of that statement. I mean there is a aax/mac version available, so it’s definitively for pro tools on a mac and the basics don’t work??? I don’t want to believe it.

Is anybody out there who works with pro tools and maschine without this problem? I would be really happy if someone could give me a solution for this problem.

Thanks,
Kolja
Hi Kolja, what buffer setting do you use (in Playback Engine dialog window)? I find 128 works very well for drumming with any midi device. But if you have a session loaded with plugins PT might not be able to run at this buffer setting.

I work with Maschine, in PT 12.5, no problem.

But I noticed that Autotune and UAD plugs throw the sync WAY off. So I simply freeze these tracks when Maschine is live.

Hope this helps.

P
Old 04-28-2016, 12:44 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools and Maschine latency problems

Thanks for your answer.
I tried all the different buffer sizes, but the delay comes from the delay compensation in Pro Tools, the more samples, the more delay.
Freezing is an option if you use plugins. But if you use some analog gear as hardware inputs the problem is still there...