How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid S4/S6
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-02-2019, 08:10 AM
Avid

Default Re: What Happened To 2019.2 ?

Sorry for the confusion, this is just for EUCON software.
Old 04-02-2019, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by abc1mce2 View Post
I assume this means that even though my Support Plan ran out on March 31, I will still get PT 2019.4 or .5 in my account even if I haven't renewed my support plan at that time? I also take if that if I wait a few weeks I'll also get a 30% discount on my renewal once if appears on Avid's website?
I doubt that. The reason to stay current is to get the updates, not to be able to dictate when they come. None of us like waiting.

Steve
Old 04-11-2019, 03:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieJones View Post
Unfortunately, Pro Tools has been delayed again due to some issues out of our control. The EUCON release was finished, but as it has some extensive work in Pro Tools for a couple of the features I can't let it out. It would cause a lot of confusion and breakages with older versions.
I'm going to use this time(weeks not months) to fix some more bugs and improve performance, particularly with S6. I have also made sure that this will still appear in users Avid accounts that were in support at the beginning of 2018 (even if their support has now run out). I have also reduced the cost of the software support renewals by 30%, this will go into effect in early April. We have at least 2 more EUCON releases planned this year.
If anyone can't wait I have a couple of spots on the S6 beta team. You would have to be willing to load beta software (although it's usually as stable as the release) and be active in providing helpful feedback. Please message me with your details, type of work you do and why you think you would be suitable.
Once again I'm sorry about this, but we will get there. Eddie
Hi, just wondering if the mentioned discount applies to the users who buy's their perpetual license support renewal through an Avid re-seller?

I have about 2 weeks left of my 30 day grace period and since every year I have to go through the same hassle in order to get a simple VAT exempt at the Avid store I bought this years renewals for PT & MC through a re-seller and avoid the Avid VAT exemption mumbo jumbo. (still don't understand why they can get this sorted out at the checkout though!)

Anyway, basically I'm just wondering what's in place for the users who needs to renew their support this month. Thanks!
Old 04-11-2019, 09:54 AM
Avid

Please note again...this is not for PT or MC, this is for S6 support
Old 04-13-2019, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieJones View Post
Please note again...this is not for PT or MC, this is for S6 support

Because the ProTools update flow with spot on Mojave support is perfectly fine and entirely in line with the premium support fees payed for Ultimate. That’s what you mean?
Old 04-15-2019, 10:59 AM
Avid

Pro Tools had 4 releases in the past year, EUCON didn't, thats why.