Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12

Old 12-22-2016, 06:56 AM

Default One-click control of automation and scenes

Hi,
I'll probably be using Pro Tools for a reverb installation in a church, where it would be great to be able to run a very simple app that'd let me click on a button and trigger a set of automation parameters.

PT will be in constant Input Monitoring mode, accepting three or four mic signals and sending them to five Lexicom PCM plugins, then sending this to ten outputs. Most of the time they'll be running one fixed preset but they could be interested in using a longer decay time or activating additional microphones.

Is there a way to externally jump to a PT Marker? Preferrably a really clean interface so that they never have to see PT. Sending a MIDI command somehow?

(as opposed to make music :/ )
Old 12-22-2016, 07:04 AM

Default Re: One-click control of automation and scenes

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonesH View Post
Hi,
I'll probably be using Pro Tools for a reverb installation in a church, where it would be great to be able to run a very simple app that'd let me click on a button and trigger a set of automation parameters.

PT will be in constant Input Monitoring mode, accepting three or four mic signals and sending them to five Lexicom PCM plugins, then sending this to ten outputs. Most of the time they'll be running one fixed preset but they could be interested in using a longer decay time or activating additional microphones.

Is there a way to externally jump to a PT Marker? Preferrably a really clean interface so that they never have to see PT. Sending a MIDI command somehow?
can you just extend a keyboard then you can hit ". marker # ." and recall any marker you wish ..

also: you could use Pro Tools Control app on an iPad (5ghz network) and get at markers that way ..

Macbook Pro july 2014 2.5ghz 16gb ram 512gb SSD - OS10.14.6 - PT 2019.6 Ended here ..
Logic Pro X latest version
RME BabyFace Pro
Old 12-22-2016, 07:22 AM

Default Re: One-click control of automation and scenes

Thanks for your reply!
Keyboard won't work because the computer is too far away, but WiFi works.
PT control would probably be useful (as long as they don't mess up the mix!!).
Best would be, like, four buttons that could be customized to send a certain setting. Maybe send a MIDI command that makes PT go to a certain timecode?

(as opposed to make music :/ )