Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 11-14-2002, 08:12 AM

Default 002 compatible plugins

Hello all,

Does anyone know what the story is for plugins for the Digi002?

I, like many others, assumed that what works on the 001 would work on the 002, but this is proving not to be the case.

I've also heard that any RTAS and AS plugs that were HD compatible would work with the 002, but I know of at least one plug - ChannelStrip - which is HD compatible but doesn't work on the 002.

I know the DAE has changed from an app to a dll, but how exactly does this effect plugins? Do all plugins have to be upgraded to work with the dll, or does the dll see them just as DAE would have? I assume they would have to be upgraded for any sample rates above 48k, but what about 48k and below?

I haven't seen much of anything from Digi about this - there is no seperate "002 compatible" column in the plugin finder, nor have I seen anything to the effect of having to upgrade plugins - but, of course, that doesn't necesarily mean that it isn't floating around somewhere.

Thanks!

-Dave (hoping to upgrade to the 002 soon - easily, I might add)
Old 11-14-2002, 07:22 PM

Default Re: 002 compatible plugins

http://duc.digidesign.com/cgi-bin/ub...;f=24;t=015853

The RTAS version of Channelstrip hasn't been updated.. so there is no RTAS support of Channelstrip in HD. There is only TDM support for Channelstrip in HD.

To execute an RTAS command the DLL (Dynamic Link Library) has to be loaded otherwise in PT 5.3.x a plug-in won't work. The definition of Dynamic Link Library means a software library which is linked to the program dynamically at run time (as opposed to statically at compile time) -- as explained in the thread above, PT 5.2.x and earlier used to make calls to the executable DAE. That doesn't work with PT 5.3.x - so ALL plug-ins have to be updated. If a plug-in works with HD as an RTAS plug-in it should also work with the 002.

As all versions of Pro Tools under OS 9.x become versions 5.3.x -- there will be no need to differentiate between plug-ins which work with the MBox, 002 or 001.

Rail
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••