Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid S1, S3, Dock and Control App

Old 05-09-2017, 08:17 AM

Default Re: Error , Eucon: The number of allowable hardware channels has been exceeded

Doesn't make a difference to me Today I updated everything, PT Control, Eucon and Cubase to latest version. Still not working. It's a shame.
Old 09-08-2017, 12:04 PM

Default Re: Error , Eucon: The number of allowable hardware channels has been exceeded

I've raised a support ticket with Steinberg: The issue I've noticed is that if the the number of tracks in cubase/nuendo reach more than 37 tracks, which is the number of tracks on the tracks view page on the iPad, if you add more than 37, then the track view needs to scroll and that's when you get the error relating to the number of allowable channels has been reached.

It doesn't actually matter which order the Eucon devices are in.

I'm not sure if this is going to be a short term fix, although AVID have qualified both Cubase 8 and Nuendo 7.

If/when I get an update from Steinberg, I'll post

Regards
Ian
Old 09-09-2017, 06:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iburwell View Post
I've raised a support ticket with Steinberg: The issue I've noticed is that if the the number of tracks in cubase/nuendo reach more than 37 tracks, which is the number of tracks on the tracks view page on the iPad, if you add more than 37, then the track view needs to scroll and that's when you get the error relating to the number of allowable channels has been reached.

It doesn't actually matter which order the Eucon devices are in.

I'm not sure if this is going to be a short term fix, although AVID have qualified both Cubase 8 and Nuendo 7.

If/when I get an update from Steinberg, I'll post

Regards
Ian

Hi There,

I would be interested in this and the support ticket to Steinberg regarding Eucon.
I also own an Avid S3 and would like to use it with Cubase 9 Pro.

Regards
Old 10-02-2017, 07:59 AM

Yes, this is a major flaw. For everyone claiming to not have the issue, can you post your setup?
Thanks,
Peter
Old 10-14-2017, 01:29 PM

Until this gets fixed, you can use the following workaround:

In the control app switch track visibility from "all" to just "video".
This setting get lost after restart, so make sure to re- apply it
before work.
You will loose some track seletion functions and the virtual faders, but Eq, Pan and Plugin control work fine, as well as Dock functionality.

HTH,
Bernhard
Old 03-10-2018, 11:03 AM

Updatet everything to the latest version of today, thats Cubase 9.5.20 and Eucon 18.3.0.227.

Bug still hard crashes Cubase, it even crashed the Eucon connection to PT Control in a way I had to restart my computer to get it working again.
Old 03-10-2018, 02:51 PM

Possibly a Windows issue.

Zero problems with Cubase Pro 9.0.20 and latest version of Eucon + Dock + Control App + Artist Mix.

Opened 48 audio tracks, 56 MIDI tracks, plus video in the Cubase project. Absolutely flawless for everything working together. (On same system as my signature)

[and if anyone wants to rule something out: Eucontrol surface order is Control App, Artist Mix, Dock -- in that order, top to bottom]
Old 05-08-2019, 11:39 PM

I'm bumping this old thread to ask if now in 2019 the issues have been resolved? I was about to get the Dock myself, but after hearing the Nuendo/Cubase issues, I think I have to pass. I work with hundreds of tracks and if everything crashes when reaching up to 40 tracks, the Pro Tools Dock is a joke. I'm on Win 10, Cubase 10 Pro, and I would love to use the Dock with my setup.

I actually tested the iPad app on a big Cubase project a few years ago with my old iPad 2. It crashed as well and then I thought my iPad just ran out of internal memory - heck I can't even browse Facebook or web, and it crashes on me. But I guess this was due to Eucon problems.
Old 05-09-2019, 11:55 AM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabulius View Post
I'm bumping this old thread to ask if now in 2019 the issues have been resolved? I was about to get the Dock myself, but after hearing the Nuendo/Cubase issues, I think I have to pass. I work with hundreds of tracks and if everything crashes when reaching up to 40 tracks, the Pro Tools Dock is a joke. I'm on Win 10, Cubase 10 Pro, and I would love to use the Dock with my setup.

I actually tested the iPad app on a big Cubase project a few years ago with my old iPad 2. It crashed as well and then I thought my iPad just ran out of internal memory - heck I can't even browse Facebook or web, and it crashes on me. But I guess this was due to Eucon problems.
There was a crash issue when Break on Track Color was enabled in the iPad App. This is fixed in the just released 19.5 version. We test with 100's of tracks, but as 3rd parties update their Apps all the time, sometimes they miss something too.
Old 06-01-2019, 01:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieJones View Post
There was a crash issue when Break on Track Color was enabled in the iPad App. This is fixed in the just released 19.5 version. We test with 100's of tracks, but as 3rd parties update their Apps all the time, sometimes they miss something too.
It still crashes, I just tried. Same Error
But I mean it works as long as you don't use the tracks view. Still, it's really annoying. Is this a Cubase or Eucon issue..?
I tried to get in touch with Steinberg multiple times, jsut getting the "w're investigating" answer. That was years ago.