Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-06-2017, 05:07 PM

Default Re: Looking for electronic producer to help with a couple techniques

Right... I am still in search for people who are interested in doing this. For everyone else in the future of this doesn't interest you then move on? There is no need to blow this thread up if you aren't going to participate. I didn't make it to open a discussion for people to explain that they care more about money than music. I made this for people who are passionate about music and want to help others with their own creativity. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-07-2017, 04:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvly5t View Post
Right... I am still in search for people who are interested in doing this. For everyone else in the future of this doesn't interest you then move on? There is no need to blow this thread up if you aren't going to participate. I didn't make it to open a discussion for people to explain that they care more about money than music. I made this for people who are passionate about music and want to help others with their own creativity. Thanks

What you're missing is that people here have been telling you that more likely than not you won't be getting people to do what you propose because they're not getting paid and to not waste your time & energy on it only to find out it won't go anywheres.

You remind me of Don Quixote tilting at windmills.

QAPLA!
Old 10-07-2017, 12:12 PM

Default Looking for electronic producer to help with a couple techniques

Quote:

I'm not asking for 1 on 1.

Fundamentally you are, because as soon as you archive it as a YouTube video, or a blog, it becomes exactly the same as all the other video tutorials and blogs out there.

What you're talking about is only of it's intended maximum value for yourself (and the other participants) as it is happening live.

You can still go and watch those DeadMau5 videos (and that's still valuable), but the whole interaction aspect is long over.

Quote:

I don't do this for money people... and if that's what your focus is then your music is second hand and I don't care to learn/work with you.

C'mon, nobody becomes a record producer, much less an engineer, or musician for the money - it's a calling.

On the most basic level, we accept payment so that we can continue to do the thing we love most, without the distraction of having to get a real job.

If you're in the music industry to make money, then you're in artist management, music law, or streaming services - you're not wasting your time being a creative.

And where does this ridiculous idea come from, that anyone who actually makes a dime off their music, and values their craft, is in some way a mercenary; pedalling "2nd hand"/phoney/insincere/anti-music?

It's not art, if the artist isn't suffering enough for your liking?

Old 10-07-2017, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Kolchak View Post
Fundamentally you are, because as soon as you archive it as a YouTube video, or a blog, it becomes exactly the same as all the other video tutorials and blogs out there.

What you're talking about is only of it's intended maximum value for yourself (and the other participants) as it is happening live.

You can still go and watch those DeadMau5 videos (and that's still valuable), but the whole interaction aspect is long over.

C'mon, nobody becomes a record producer, much less an engineer, or musician for the money - it's a calling.

On the most basic level, we accept payment so that we can continue to do the thing we love most, without the distraction of having to get a real job.

If you're in the music industry to make money, then you're in artist management, music law, or streaming services - you're not wasting your time being a creative.

And where does this ridiculous idea come from, that anyone who actually makes a dime off their music, and values their craft, is in some way a mercenary; pedalling "2nd hand"/phoney/insincere/anti-music?

It's not art, if the artist isn't suffering enough for your liking?

I get what you are saying and I was being dramatic because I feel like all of the responses were dramatic. Recording it and posting it isn't for anything except a reference for the people who were already involved. It doesn't even have to go on YouTube or any hosting sight. The videos can be sent directly to those who contributed.

Obviously making money is desired but when the lack of money is an instant turn off to everyone then to me that seems like the bigger priority.

And I am not opposed to paying the participating teachers involved. Especially if it were separated into "students" and "teachers". All the "students" could pitch in to making it worth while.

But for people to just come on the thread and say that it's not going to happen or to point me to other pre recorded tutorials is not constructive. Especially when it's been reiterated that I am not looking for that.

But all that aside. I'm still looking for both "students" and "teachers" interested in this type of remote community.

If you are not interested in any way then please move on. If you are genuinely trying to offer constructive criticism towards this then sure I'm completely open to it. Thanks