Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-20-2013, 05:04 AM

Default AIR Boom changing Pattern on Record

I'm running PT8.0.4LE on Windows XP Pro and have for the first time started up AIR Boom tonight to play on my MIDI arrangement on an Instrument track.

Problem is....

I happily select and playback as long as I like the Boom Pattern (preset "Electronic Dance 132, Pattern set to 1-C3").

When I try to record this Pattern via stereo Bus to an Audio Track, or play back with (master) Record enabled the "Pattern" plays 1 bar of the 1-C3 Pattern setting in Boom, then Boom changes it to "10-A3" Pattern for no apparent reason (and there's no variations in the MIDI)?

Getting frustrating as I simply want to set and record this basic preset "Electronic Dance 132, Pattern set to 1-C3" and cannot get it to stay put no matter what Preset Menu "Save" or "Set as Default" selections I've tried.

What am I missing to simply set the Pattern I've selected and like to continue to playback while I Record?
Old 04-22-2013, 05:32 AM

Default Re: AIR Boom changing Pattern on Record

It might just be easier to save the midi data to a MIDI track, delete the instrument track, and re install it. I find sometimes when I get these unexplainable midi glitches, just rebooting or reinstalling the VI clears it up...most of the time.

Old 04-22-2013, 06:16 PM

This is one of the cons of Boom. I don't know why Air didn't create a way for a person to create a pattern and then drag n' drop that pattern of an instrument onto a track. I hope they add this in PT 11 or some update soon. I sent them an email on this but I know they received thousands of emails on this.

This is why I use RMX...

If I use boom I just recreate the pattern in the midi editor. Its not all that hard.
Old 04-23-2013, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormfront View Post
I happily select and playback as long as I like the Boom Pattern (preset "Electronic Dance 132, Pattern set to 1-C3").

When I try to record this Pattern via stereo Bus to an Audio Track, or play back with (master) Record enabled the "Pattern" plays 1 bar of the 1-C3 Pattern setting in Boom, then Boom changes it to "10-A3" Pattern for no apparent reason (and there's no variations in the MIDI)?
What am I missing to simply set the Pattern I've selected and like to continue to playback while I Record?
I just thought of something. One thing you must do in Boom is have the MIDI note for the pattern you want (C3 in this case) run as long as you want that pattern to play. You can either make it 1 long continuous note over however many measures you wish, or repeat it every measure. When the note stops, so does the pattern, and Boom should go silent. (Though sometimes I've had problems with Boom continuing even though no note at all was present for it to play anything...rebooting solved that). Don't know if that's the issue causing your problem, but thought I'd mention it, just in case.

Old 04-23-2013, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldM View Post
I just thought of something. One thing you must do in Boom is have the MIDI note for the pattern you want (C3 in this case) run as long as you want that pattern to play. You can either make it 1 long continuous note over however many measures you wish, or repeat it every measure. When the note stops, so does the pattern, and Boom should go silent. (Though sometimes I've had problems with Boom continuing even though no note at all was present for it to play anything...rebooting solved that). Don't know if that's the issue causing your problem, but thought I'd mention it, just in case.
I never thought to use boom this way. I always just make a pattern, press play in Boom, then press record in Pro Tools, and record it to an audio track. Lol I wasn't even aware (or really never thought ) it would trigger using Midi notes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-24-2013, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by necjamc View Post
I never thought to use boom this way. I always just make a pattern, press play in Boom, then press record in Pro Tools, and record it to an audio track. Lol I wasn't even aware (or really never thought ) it would trigger using Midi notes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes. C3 plays pattern 1, C#3 pattern 2 etc. That way you can change things up anywhere in a mix. Further if you want, you can use the notes C1 on up to play individual sounds to enhance the patterns. Not bad for a freebie!

Or, set up a MIDI track and point the output to Boom and then just program in the midi notes you want for the different parts. You can use the controls in Boom to control the mix. Or, if you want, solo each part and record to audio track 1 at a time to mix and process further to taste. It would be nice if Boom would allow you to assign each part to separate audio output...but I guess that asking too much for a freebie!