How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Getting Started
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-12-2014, 10:42 PM

Default Re: Getting Pro Tools Express Activated

Thanks.
We use Pro Tools in the studio I'm playing bass for and downloaded the demo to help edit my parts. The trial ran out and I we ended up finding a copy of express that came with an MPC.

I noticed that the installed version I have won't work with the express key so I need to go back and get the CD. I can't find anywhere online where to download it like I did with the full version of 11.
Old 10-12-2014, 10:54 PM
Admin Emeritus

You download it from the InMusic linked pages that I gave you in my last post:
http://www.inmusicbrands.com/ptex
Old 12-21-2014, 03:07 AM

Hi, I am having more or less the same problem trying to activate my Pro Tools Express License.
When I sign in for the iLok License Manager I can see the two licenses I obtained with the Authorizations code - Pro Tools Express Akai Professional / M-Audio edition (2), but when I try to drag those to the iLok device I get a pop-up saying 'One or more licenses to surrender cannot be found in your account'.
In the details it says I should first surrender the 'Primer license', but I don't know where I am supposed to find this.
I think there may be a problem with the iLok device I found in the package, because when I try to get it synchronized I get a pop-up saying 'Error comunication with an iLok-USB failure detected'.
This happens with a Samsung Ultrabook laptop (Windows 8.1), but I tried the whole procedure again on a different computer (HP desktop with Windows 7) and I get exactly the same message.
Can anyone give me any advice?
Thanks, FBTV from Treviso-Italy